Search

Question about Blackberry Connect on Nokia phones

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2007, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Question about Blackberry Connect on Nokia phones

Probably the E61i or E61, but possibly the E65. Basically the question is due to the following. I have a TMobile phone SIM with unlimited VPN internet on the account. I also have a TMobile Blackberry with unlimited internet but no voice plan. What I am wondering is the following.

If I had an E61i, could I use it as a Blackberry, to get and deal with my mail and then pull that SIM and put in either my TMobile voice/internet SIM or a prepaid SIM from whatever country and use it as a phone or modem or for WAP browsing? In other words, only use the BB connect function a couple times a day or whatever to check mail and keep it as a phone/modem the rest of the time. Im looking to pack lighter by combining a couple devices. I realize I would have to swap SIMs by the way, just wondering the effect of doing so. And no I think I would rather not get into combining the accounts. Thanks.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:38 pm

It should work. What about Microsoft Push over thea E61i using your unlimited data? Wouldn't that get rid of the need for the Blackberry SIM?
Old Oct 1, 2007, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
It should work. What about Microsoft Push over thea E61i using your unlimited data? Wouldn't that get rid of the need for the Blackberry SIM?
Thanks. Any additional thoughts on this from anyone?
Old Oct 2, 2007, 8:32 am

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
I did not have as much luck with the blackberry connect as others (like on howardforums) reported. Nor did I have much luck with the MS Push, although that was using a Zimbra server, not exchange and I suspect that was the problem.... I do have a lot of luck with the IMAP IDLE connection...essentlally once it makes the IMAP connection it stays "alive" and you get new headers instantly. Once you open the mail, it does have to download the message (about 5 seconds over edge). Coincedently the MS Push option works the same way.

The other option is RoadSync for $60, but I couldn't find any real advantage to that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.