Wiki Posts
Search

ALCXWDM.sys (via Skype) causes a blue screen crash

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2007, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

ALCXWDM.sys (via Skype) causes a blue screen crash PERIODICALLy (not always) ever since I started using Skypeout Unlimited. I have made several calls (one lasting 60minutes) with no crashes, then all of a sudden simply clicking on a new call crashes Windows.

If you google ALCXWDM.sys Skype, you will see many forum posts across the WWW pertaining to this issue. None of them result in a single real solution. Everyone sort of guesses what they think the problem is with the OP desperatly scrambling for more information. I hope my post leads to a better end.

-I have done all sorts of SPY, and VIRUS checks, HIJACK this, etc (I have spybot, and AVG, among others)
-I have used the Device Manager upgrade driver function (even though I already have the latest drivers) I use Realtech A97 Audio - I am assuming ALCXWDM.sys is a driver for Realtech -
-I have restarted Windows, I have all the latest patches, and run a healthy system
-I have never experienced problems with my sound card before, and play videos and audio files all the time

What else can I possibly do to permeantly fix this annoying problem.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.