Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blacklisted Domain? - where to check?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:23 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Blacklisted Domain? - where to check?

Im having some trouble sending emails to some specific addresses... its not a general thing and I cant seem to find a trend to the emails that bounce back.

Im now thinking that perhaps my domain name is listed as a SPAM generator on some black list. Is there a place on the web where I can try to verify this? Are databases posted somewhere?

I wonder if these are done by country, or if there is one general place where they are concentrated, as my domain name is registered here in Argentina?

Thanks.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:48 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
dnsstuff.com had an abuse lookup, but it's under maintenance right now, but has some other tools to check the records (which won't apply if you are getting any mail at all).

mxtoolbox.com checks something like 140 lists for you, it's free. You need the IP of the mail server, but it gets that for you too. Do a MX lookup on the first screen, when those results come back, click on blacklists.

Check a header of a mail that goes through to make sure it's coming from the IP the mx lookup is returning, try that IP too if it's different.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Mike... this is getting embarrasing , you are my 24-7 tech support hotline !!! ^

Thats now two bottles of Malbec you have to your account... do you ever get down to EZE?

Thanks for all your help and patience with my dumb-a@@ questions...
Old Jun 7, 2007, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I own a bunch of domains. Have owned them for very long time. I posted using these domain names on the use/news net back then.

They have been used on inumerious occasions by some spammer or another as mailing address. I usually get hundreds of non delivery returns into my mailbox. usually lasts for a couple of days.

I will then get blocked by verizon, aol, comcast, and a few others for a few days. If I want to send mail to someone who still uses aol, I then go to the mail service I use "allmail.net", and send from there.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Try http://www.rbls.org

It provides a multi-blacklist search given your IP.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 12:06 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I remember recommending domaindirect.com to the op for his domain name. I'd been very happy with it. Several months ago, though, they got themselves on a blacklist so that mail that was being sent to me through my domain was bouncing to the senders. It was a mess. DD said they were "working on it" but could give no time estimate for when the problem would be fixed.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 5:02 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
www.spamhaus.org maintains an excellent list of IPs that are sources of abuse and/or are insecure, along with lots of useful information about the abusers.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Spiff. Are you saying that this website can help me find if my domain name is listed as a Spamming site?

Ive been looking around and cant seem to locate where this would be. In Rosko, I see a search option but my site comes out negative in that search.

Thanks,
Alex

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.