Wiki Posts
Search

Light travel adapter for Lenovo X60

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2007, 6:25 am
jez
Original Poster

Light travel adapter for Lenovo X60

Just received the 'original' travel adapter for the X60. Can't use the old one (the one for the T40 or X41 I think as well) because the plug to charge the portable is different. The new travel adapter is unfortunately heavy. Anyone knows of any brand which produces light travel adapters with the newer plugs? thanks
Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:39 am

http://us.kensington.com/html/11168.html

You can get them from Circuitcity.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 9:52 am
jez
Original Poster

Thank you. Do you know the weight or what tip number I should use for the X60? I feel like the one I just received weighs just as much as as the portable itself.

Originally Posted by h_united
http://us.kensington.com/html/11168.html

You can get them from Circuitcity.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I recently bought a brand new IBM/Lenova transformer on ebay.com for a bid of $14 plus $10 S&H. It arrived in 4 days. The secondary voltage is slightly higher than the T4x transformers and thus the tip is larger.

MisterNice
Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:22 am

You can check for the tip number on the Kensington website using their tool. Once you know the number you can ask on the FT tip exchange thread if anyone has a spare perhaps.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by jez
Thank you. Do you know the weight or what tip number I should use for the X60? I feel like the one I just received weighs just as much as as the portable itself.
The IBM one weighs 1.23 lbs from your link.

The Kensington dimensions
Weight 6oz lbs.
5.6"L X 0.66"H X 3.1"W

It is also flat. It comes with a long cable. I use this one
http://us.kensington.com/html/10433.html

You will need Tip N29.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 1:04 pm
jez
Original Poster

I guess I should have bought that one then... thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by h_united
The IBM one weighs 1.23 lbs from your link.

The Kensington dimensions
Weight 6oz lbs.
5.6"L X 0.66"H X 3.1"W

It is also flat. It comes with a long cable. I use this one
http://us.kensington.com/html/10433.html

You will need Tip N29.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry, SW A-List Preferred
You gotta watch out about the tip. There's still a lot of "IBM" packages out there with just the old tip. You want the "Lenovo" package that has 2 tips (including N29).

I wound up getting the tip direct from Kensington since none of the local Circuit Cities had the new package. Also, I got a refurbished adapter from pacificgeek.com for $20, which works just fine. A new one is $100+.

So far I'm a little happier about the Kensington (flat and light) vs the Targus I was using before with my T41p (more brick shaped).
Old Jun 7, 2007, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
The bad news: The N29 tip remains elusive at retail stores.

The good news: Kensington seems willing to send one to you for free if you whine enough.

Go to their site and email customer service with a tale of woe about how you can't find an N29 anywhere (you can also throw in the quite true statement that even Kensington's site doesn't show the N29 available). If you're sufficiently plaintive, you'll get one free in the mail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.