Wiki Posts
Search

PDA recommendation (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2007, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
PDA's

I have a Motorola Razr with Cingular/AT&T and I'm looking to upgrade to a PDA. I am going to stay with Cingular/AT&T but I'm not certain which PDA to ugrade to. I am looking for something that you don't need an engineering to degree to be able to use it. However, I need it to be compatable to Outlook and for basic internet as well as normal phone and texting capabilities. Any suggestions? Recommendations?
Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seat13c
I have a Motorola Razr with Cingular/AT&T and I'm looking to upgrade to a PDA. I am going to stay with Cingular/AT&T but I'm not certain which PDA to ugrade to. I am looking for something that you don't need an engineering to degree to be able to use it. However, I need it to be compatable to Outlook and for basic internet as well as normal phone and texting capabilities. Any suggestions? Recommendations?

Travel Technology might be a better section for you to peruse.

I like the BlackBerry. Their e-mail capability is very good. Some BBs have cameras now (which I couldn't care less about).

There's a site called BlackBerryForums.com that has everything BlackBerry. I'm sure there's some for Treos (I think TreoCentral.com), if you're interested.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:06 pm

Programs: WN CP
I would check out the Samsung Blackjack. A WM6 version (or upgrade to the current WM5 version) should be coming soon.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
I have a BlackBerry 8800 and I adore it. However, if you're buying now, you might want to give the Curve a look. As of now, not much difference between the two. Curve a tiny, tiny bit smaller, and looks like it will have a slightly easier keyboard to used, as well as a camera. Battery life isn't quite as good. If you want the curve, wait a bit for the 3G version, which they should be bringing out in not that long (unless this, too, will be of no value to you).

Last edited by Fly AA J all the way; Jun 4, 2007 at 2:49 pm
Old Jun 4, 2007, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Stay away from the Treo - i bought one last year and regret it. Too bulky, heavy and what's with the antenna?
Looked into the Blackberry pearl but decided I wanted something larger. Saw the latest blackberry model, but it did not have a camera phone. How can I capture tragic bits of our mundane lives without a camera phone.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by badjuju
Stay away from the Treo - i bought one last year and regret it. Too bulky, heavy and what's with the antenna?
Looked into the Blackberry pearl but decided I wanted something larger. Saw the latest blackberry model, but it did not have a camera phone. How can I capture tragic bits of our mundane lives without a camera phone.
By buying the new BB Curve (right now only ATT). It has a full qwerty board, is slightly smaller (but .06in thicker) than the 8800.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
I *heart* my Blackberry.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 2P
If you want Outlook, I'd recommend either the Treo 750 (it's what I'm currently using) or a Cingular 8525.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 7:42 am

Having a camera phone could be a problem depending on the businesses you visit. Unless you'r eokay with leaving the thing at reception and being out of touch for the duration of your meetings, avoid the camera model.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by Random_Flyer
If you want Outlook, I'd recommend either the Treo 750 (it's what I'm currently using) or a Cingular 8525.
Thanks. How does that compare the Blackberry?
Old Jun 5, 2007, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
I just got a pearl and it's no bigger than my Moto SLVR.

I love this thing. The typing took a little getting used to but the adaptive typing-thing that's on there is really useful.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 8:57 am

I have a Blackberry Pearl and would recommend it. I had the BB 7100 before that (I refuse to carry one of the giant BBs and get a tech holster - just shoot me) so I was kinda used to the typing already; however, the Pearl still does require some getting used to. That said, it's a great phone and I love the smaller size.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 10:23 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I guess it says something that nobody here is mentioning the Palm TX as a viable option....
Old Jun 5, 2007, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I guess it says something that nobody here is mentioning the Palm TX as a viable option....
From his description it sounds like he's looking for a smartphone. The TX doesn't function as a phone....
Old Jun 5, 2007, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
pretty happy

I am pretty happy with my treo 700wx, and will upgrade this one to a 750 once they come out with the winmo version on sprint.

No antenna on the new devices these days.

I prefer winmo to blackberry, just since I have so many applications that run on it, mapping, gps, stock tracking, etc. And of course, very seemless outlook integration for my 2K+ contacts and multiple calenders.

I have not had any problems with it, and didn't think I was going to like it. The screen is a little small.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.