Changes in Intellicast (radar images) make it not as attractive to me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2007, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)

I've used intellicast.com for their very good radar images but it appears that overnight the interface has changed.
Examples:
* i'm currently in nashville and the pull down for regional radars formerly had one for BNA but now the nearest one is bowling green...not the end of the world but still not as granular as it was before
* but the killer is they appear to have removed the zoom feature....which was really cool when a nasty front was approaching
So I suspect this isn't going to change and am now in search of new radar sites
noaa.gov has been my 2nd favorite because it has no advertisements
but I don't have a zoom feature there either...excellent overlay features though (roads, rivers, topography, warnings, etc.)
So who has the best weather radar images?
Old May 16, 2007, 6:51 am

Programs: CO 1 Ply
Hmmm... just noticed that the 'local' Intellicast radar for CLE is Dayton???

I believe using noaa.gov you can zoom when the radar images are set to loop, not stationary. Also, weather.com has a radar display that can let you zoom down to nearly street level
Old May 16, 2007, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)
Originally Posted by unkfrank
Hmmm... just noticed that the 'local' Intellicast radar for CLE is Dayton???
Yup, in the past you would have had a CLE option

Originally Posted by unkfrank
I believe using noaa.gov you can zoom when the radar images are set to loop, not stationary. Also, weather.com has a radar display that can let you zoom down to nearly street level
Yes you can zoom with noaa.gov...didn't know that...but the resolution goes down quickly...it didn't with intellicast...but you also couldn't zoom down as far

Tks
Old May 16, 2007, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I use www.weather.com . They recently shifted to a *NEW IMPROVED* radar map but still permit you to use the older nicer format.

MisterNice
Old May 16, 2007, 11:35 am

I have a link to NWS on my live bookmark bar in Firefox (very convenient) I also have a link to the campus weather station (also very nice to have)
Old May 16, 2007, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
I like the Weather Underground product.
Old May 16, 2007, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
I'm also a fan of wunderground.com. Their mobile site is excellent, as well (mobile.wunderground.com).

Besides the radar, by joining for just $5 a year, the main site will be ad-free and you can get weather alerts by e-mail or other means. The alerts work very well, fast delivery, and it's much less expensive than the weather alerts offered by some of the cell phone companies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.