Wiki Posts
Search

Power tip (igo, Kensington, Targus etc...) exchange thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2007, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by dem107
I called Kensington and they sent me an N29 for free. It plugs straight onto the power cord so the plug+cable end is 3.375 inches long. Even when plugged into my T60p, it sticks out almost 3 inches from the back.
I just got my N29 tip free from Kensington. It's the same size tip as any other. It appears to insert fine, but the system shows "plugged in, NOT charging." Yikes.

It looks like I need the mutant version.

Last edited by DenverBrian; Jun 7, 2007 at 2:11 pm
Old Jun 15, 2007, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
I've got a bunch of tips from two different kinds of targus adapters. I figure i can toss 'em in the trash or in the mail. not too much difference to me!

sorry, i dont have the adapters anymore to give specifics...but here's what the tips say:

the newer ones:
A 4
A 6
A 12
RevC 3
RevC 2
(no letter) 9
(no letter) 20

the older ones:

let me know if your interested and we'll work out the details.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Looking for iGo tip 34

I'm looking for the iGo tip 34, none of the online stores seem to have it in stock. Anyone have one out there or know where to buy it? I have a number of the original (about 2 yr old) tips that came with my Juice 70 that I can offer to anyone as well.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update on my N29 tip

Called Kensington to report problems with the new N29 tip and charging. Guess what they did?

They sent me a new complete adapter. FREE.

Kensington is effin' amazing!

The new adapter arrived and works perfectly with my ThinkPad T60 and the N29 tip. All is well.

Last edited by DenverBrian; Jun 19, 2007 at 12:14 pm
Old Jun 16, 2007, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Kensington really is awesome, got my free N29 as well. ^
Old Jun 24, 2007, 10:06 am

Many thanks to DenverBrian and spurg for sending me the tip I needed. Please see my post on the first page for the tips I have to share.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 7:27 am

Programs: AC SE, AA Plat, ICS Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by gleff
Kensington really is awesome, got my free N29 as well. ^
This is the complete opposite of the service I've gotten from Kensington. I've sent them a request for information on where / how (etc) to get an N29 tip for my existing 120W AC/DC adapter, and they've ignored (or at least chosen not to respond) to any of my requests. Never did I ask for a free unit, and in fact, all I requested was information on where I could purchase one either online or in person retail.

Not only that, Kensington DID send me an e-mail asking what I thought of their Customer Service department, to which I responded that I never received any response from them at all. Yet again, that wasn't responded to either. :-(

How are you guys getting a free tip? Heck, I have no problem paying for a tip; I just need to find someplace to buy the N29??

Anyone willing to sell me one??

Patrick
Old Jun 27, 2007, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Patrick B
This is the complete opposite of the service I've gotten from Kensington. I've sent them a request for information on where / how (etc) to get an N29 tip for my existing 120W AC/DC adapter, and they've ignored (or at least chosen not to respond) to any of my requests. Never did I ask for a free unit, and in fact, all I requested was information on where I could purchase one either online or in person retail.

Not only that, Kensington DID send me an e-mail asking what I thought of their Customer Service department, to which I responded that I never received any response from them at all. Yet again, that wasn't responded to either. :-(

How are you guys getting a free tip? Heck, I have no problem paying for a tip; I just need to find someplace to buy the N29??

Anyone willing to sell me one??

Patrick
Patrick, if they haven't responded at all, my first suspicion is that your junk e-mail filter is preventing them from getting through. Try calling them by phone - they're really quite good.

Phone - within the U.S.
800-535-4242 phone
Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm Pacific Standard Time

I haven't seen the N29 tips for sale anywhere yet either. I've got my one free from Kensington and, after they sent me a whole new adapter, I'm not gonna push by good karma.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 9:32 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
I have an iGo A06 (blue) that is of no use to me.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 11:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Gold, easyJet Flight Club, Global Entry
I'm looking for the Kensington number 19 tip for Dell 640m. None of the online stores have them in stock.

I have the following to give away, free shipping in UK...

3, 4, 5, 6 (x2), 8, 9, 11, 12, 15
Old Jul 4, 2007, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Indian Railways Wallah Program
The following from an iGo Juice70: A, 2, 3, 11, 12, 31
Old Jul 7, 2007, 12:57 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Never mind. A great FT'er has offered to solve my problem!

Last edited by roberto99; Jul 7, 2007 at 9:01 pm
Old Jul 14, 2007, 5:07 pm

Kensington Tips

I have been looking for something like this thread for a while. Thanks to the people that started it.

I am looking for N5 Dell, P3 HP, and M16 Motorola

I have J6, N2, N4, N27, M2, M5, and M15 (free shipping to US)
Old Jul 16, 2007, 8:32 am

Programs: AA - Plat, SPG - Plat, Hyatt - Diamond, Marriott - Silver, Avis - First
Does anyone have a M3 tip to spare? I am able to offer have the N1, N3, N4, N5, N9, N15, N19 tips. Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2007, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tirhoads
I have been looking for something like this thread for a while. Thanks to the people that started it.

I am looking for N5 Dell, P3 HP, and M16 Motorola

I have J6, N2, N4, N27, M2, M5, and M15 (free shipping to US)
N5 tip is here! PM me your name/address and I'll mail it to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.