Wiki Posts
Search

Flight tracking *with* origination info

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Interconti Ambassador/Priority Club Platinum
Flight tracking *with* origination info

I have had a couple of hours to kill while waiting for a flight to depart. During the delay I have been trying to find a site where I not only get current flight status/tracking but also indicates the status of the flight prior to flight. In other words, I am tracking UA358 and I am only told that it is late but I can't find out where/what UA358 was before my departure point of DEN. I remember once being able to type in something like UA358 and not only be told that that departurn from DEN is delayed but that the inbound flight from X that will be DEN outbound UA358 was delayed/still on the ground in X, etc.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL358

??
Old Apr 12, 2007, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Interconti Ambassador/Priority Club Platinum
Thanks, but...

...what I am trying to find is what is the status of the equipment prior to it's origination, in this case, Denver. I could swear there was a tool that would not only tell you the status of the requested flight but also what the status of the flight (even if a different flight number) of the inbound equipment.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:26 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
I don't know that anyone but the airline would know that information. Equipment swaps happen all the time, even when the flight number does not change at a stop. I have often seen the second leg of a flight leave before it arrives - such as:

NW1234 Departs XYZ 10:00, Arrives ABC 11:00
Status Delayed: Est. Dep 12:00, Est Arr 1:00 Gate A2

NW1234 Departs ABC 11:30 Arrives PQM 1:30 - On Time Gate A99

For hub and spoke airlines it can be easy to tell at the "spoke" airport if the flight arriving at a gate is late, the next flight leaving from that gate (and same equipment) will also be late. At the hub the greater availability of equipment means a swap could happen, so I would not trust watching the inbound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.