Wiki Posts
Search

In-ear/canalphone-style phone headsets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2007, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA; Amtrak
In-ear/canalphone-style phone headsets

My Cardo Scala-500 is a fine device but its fit to my ears is less than ideal, and with the ear hook worn loose I end up holding it in when talking, neatly defeating the purpose of a hands-free. Since I can't wear earbuds—they fall out with the slightest movement owing to the shape of my earlobes—I thought I'd ask for recommendations on in-ear or canalphone-style headsets. There aren't many out there, and the reviews are hard to pick through— many use the term "in-ear" when they actually mean earbuds, and many negative reviews are posted by people simply unaccustomed to in-ear devices.

The Motorola H5 Miniblue seems to be universally panned, the Apple iPhone headset and the Argard M-10 aren't available for sale yet. The Plantronics MHS 213 may be an option, though something Bluetooth would be nicer as I'd rather not have to carry the 2.5mm-to-miniUSB adapter (I have the original Razr v3). Any others I should consider?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:15 pm

Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 bluetooth stereo headset has true in-ear plugs and A2DP capability.

Nokia also offers a similar bluetooth headset, with in-ear plugs, although I cannot remember the model number.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Have you looked at the Shure products? I2C, I3C, I4C.

Last edited by redburgundy; Jan 30, 2007 at 8:27 pm
Old Jan 31, 2007, 7:26 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hertz #1 5*, CO, AA
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but have you considered the
Plantronics Voyager 510 Bluetooth Headset? My brother got this last month and loves it. He says it's so comfy and works perfectly (he previously had a jabra one that went into his ear with a gel earbud). On amazon it's only $49.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The Plantronics Discovery 640 is on Amazon for $50 right now.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA; Amtrak
The Plantronics models look like ordinary earbuds, not true in-ear headsets, and unfortunately my v3 predates AVRCP so I'm not sure the HBH-DS970 will do. The Shures look promising— being an Ety guy I hadn't thought to look there — and would be able to double as headphones, unlike the Ety·Com. I'll try to find them at a retailer somewhere first as there are a lot of negative reviews about the size and position of the controller. Plus it's another $15 for the 2.5mm to miniUSB adapter. Thanks everyone.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 5:02 am

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by redburgundy
Have you looked at the Shure products? I2C, I3C, I4C.
What's the difference between I2C an E2C? I've never seen the I2C so am very curious.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 11:13 am

Programs: UA General Member
Originally Posted by Emma65
What's the difference between I2C an E2C? I've never seen the I2C so am very curious.
The I-series has a microphone, making them suitable for use with a cell phone.

Info here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.