Wiki Posts
Search

Sony tradeup program for laptops?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sony tradeup program for laptops?

Last year, Sony had a special promotion as part of its tradeup program that let you trade in virtually any laptop for a $400 to $600 credit on the purchase of certain new Sony laptops, including the SZ series. Unfortunately, the program expired in November, 2006. There were rumors (including some reported here) that Sony would renew the program in January of this year.

Has anyone heard whether this program will be renewed or extended?
Old Jan 26, 2007, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

None yet that I know of. Keep an eye on this page:

http://sony.tradeups.com/AllPromotions.aspx
Old Jan 26, 2007, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Current trade up program is not very good:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE..._p_tradein_cpu

I am very interested myself as my 3 yr old vaio hard drive is about to die and I am torn between buying another drive or upgrading the whole thing.
If you run into a good Sony offer for <12" please post or PM
Old Jan 26, 2007, 8:30 pm

The Go Pro deal was a pretty hot deal. I wound up trading in two old laptops for a bottom-of-the-line Vaio (from the deal posted on fatwallet). I'm somewhat disappointed with the BX laptop because the fan is way too loud and it gets very, very hot. Can't complain too much about the price, though.

Remember, the Go Pro 2 promotion gave you extra $ for Dell laptops, while the Go Pro 3 promotion had the higher prices for Sonys. Who knows what will come next, if anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.