Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Photo printer?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2006, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Efrem
<snip> and calibrate your monitor (not necessarily real color calibration, though that's nice, but at least get an idea of what good flesh tones and so on look like on yours)<snip>
Not to go too far OT, but I use the Pantone Huey to calibrate my monitor. For a ~$80 device it does a bang-up job for serious amateurs and cost less than the Spyders.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Thanks for all the advice. You have all given me a ton of info, so at least now I have a place to start!
Old Nov 19, 2006, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kanebear
I know the question has already been answered but I'm going to go on record as advising AGAINST HP. Somewhere after 2001, the products lost in durability and longevity what they gained in features and industrial design. This applies from the top of their range to the bottom!

stripped any value out of the brand.
the last decent printer was the hp 4. ours are still running.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
I've got an Epson 1800, which is similar to the other printers except it's limited to pretty much just paper and thin fabric sheets for printing (nothing very thick). As others have mentioned, when it sits you can get print head clogging (although we've always been able to clear that, albeit with some ink loss).

13x19" prints from my 8 megapixel SLR look spectacular.

Steve
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Does anyone have on of those small HP printers that does 4x6 photos? Are you happy with it?

For $50 it seems like a no lose proposition, but I want something with print quality equal or better than the photo kiosks at Walgreens and Ritz since the per print cost (ink + paper) is a bit higher.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Can someone recommend a good, portable (not too small, but not a full size printer either), wifi-enabled, dye-sub photo printer, with the emphasis on quality?

Since quality is key and portability vital, I understand it needs to use dye-sub technology. Any recommendations?

Years ago I used a Sony photo printer that I was happy with, but now that I use my iPhone to take snapshots I need something that works over wifi. I've been reading about the Canon SELPHY CP1200 but if anyone can recommend a better choice then I'm all ears.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.