Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motorola KRZR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2006, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
slvr

I would say the SLVR is very good for this, I put it in the front pants pocket, or breast pocket easily.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by ScottC
Pretty much every MOTO is the same nowadays. They give them a SNZY name and hope PEPL will purchase them. Just look at the RAZR; same phone for the past 3 years., but make it PRPL or PINK and people go gaga over it. They are seriously lacking in the innovation DEPT. I played with a GSM KRZR last night, and it reminded me why I don't like Motorola. Compared to a current generation SonyEricsson or Nokia it is at least 5 years behind. Add a 3.2mp camera, Symbian support, decent 3G, radio with RDS, 1Gb memorystick, a GOOD music and video player and they may catch up... I did leave the store with a TyTN though.... why on earth HTC decided to copy that stupid naming system is beyond me...
Cute post. I went back to a Moto e815 after using a Sony t616 for years. (That was the problem, the t616 was a great phone, but it was getting old in the tooth after all those years.) I still can't get used to the Moto user interface. Everything seems counterintuitive. I keep ending up back on the home screen when I'm trying to view missed calls, because they make you switch from the left button to the right button in order to view them. If you click left (recent)/left, you end up back home. You have to click left (recent)/right (view). The left button becomes the exit button after the first left click. And that's just the first thing that comes to mind about it.

The one good thing about the Moto is that a lot of people have figured out how to modify the firmware, so you can re-enable things that your phone company may have decided to disable so they can try to extract more money from you.

-David
Old Oct 27, 2006, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
The one good thing about the Moto is that a lot of people have figured out how to modify the firmware, so you can re-enable things that your phone company may have decided to disable so they can try to extract more money from you.

-David
Good point. Moto's are a dream to hack around in. But of course it's a shame you have to hack them in the first place, so many operators disable stuff I'd say is essential in a phone nowadays. (Verizon with their Bluetooth, T-mobile with video recording etc...)
Old Oct 28, 2006, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ScottC
Good point. Moto's are a dream to hack around in. But of course it's a shame you have to hack them in the first place, so many operators disable stuff I'd say is essential in a phone nowadays. (Verizon with their Bluetooth, T-mobile with video recording etc...)

No Doubt.... I remember doing the video recording flex on the V3.... why the heck did they leave that out???
Old Oct 29, 2006, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Cute post. I went back to a Moto e815 after using a Sony t616 for years. (That was the problem, the t616 was a great phone, but it was getting old in the tooth after all those years.) I still can't get used to the Moto user interface. Everything seems counterintuitive. I keep ending up back on the home screen when I'm trying to view missed calls, because they make you switch from the left button to the right button in order to view them. If you click left (recent)/left, you end up back home. You have to click left (recent)/right (view). The left button becomes the exit button after the first left click. And that's just the first thing that comes to mind about it.

-David
Interesting. I dumped my E-815 for a KRZR after waiting through the entire RAZR release. As far as I am concerned, the thinner, the better.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Interesting. I dumped my E-815 for a KRZR after waiting through the entire RAZR release. As far as I am concerned, the thinner, the better.
As soon as my 1 year commitment is up, I'm sure I'll be dumping it too. Phone-wise, it's a decent phone and it was basically free since I switched to Verizon when I got it. I just don't like the Moto user interface and the fact that the bluetooth is crippled, even after the mods. Of course, I have no idea what phone I would replace it with. If I want a Sony-Ericson phone, I'd have to switch back to a GSM provider.

If you're happy with your KRZR, that's really all that matters. It doesn't really matter what I think or what ScottC thinks or what anybody else thinks about Moto and the KRZR, right?

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Oct 29, 2006 at 5:47 pm
Old Oct 29, 2006, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Funny this post came up, as I was having a conversation with cblaisd about my XV-6700 and still deciding whether to trade it in for the KRAZR. I don't need the data network, so my XV-6700 is basically collecting dust on the EVDO features. Liking the Wifi but the UI (Mobile Windows 5.0) is rather buggy, as I assume as a standard.

It boils down to the fact that I need a phone and only a phone, so I'm planning on returning the XV-6700 for the KRAZR to the Verizon store when my trial is up. Though, based on web reviews, it seems the KRAZRs from Verizon got a bit problems themselves in terms of battery life and poor manufacturing...
Old Oct 29, 2006, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
FWIW, I can't recall charging my GSM KRZR once over the last 5 days. It still has plenty of battery left.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stimpy
FWIW, I can't recall charging my GSM KRZR once over the last 5 days. It still has plenty of battery left.
Seeing how I have little faith in my wireless company, it seems that the GSM version of the KRAZR has better features (e.g., better camera). So I wouldn't be surprised if it had better battery life also......
Old May 27, 2007, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA MP, Marriot R
I'm looking to get either the Moto KRZR or the Samsung m610:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1058

Anyway, i'm looking to order it within the next couple of days and would appreciate any input. Right now, for what it's worth, i'm leaning towords the KRZR as my last/current phone is a Moto SLVR L7 and I have no real complaints with it since my main concerns with a phone are bluetooth use (handfree talking), reception, sound quality and of course, battery life. Thanks for the help and hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend.
Old May 28, 2007, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tokyotraveler

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1058

Anyway, i'm looking to order it within the next couple of days and would appreciate any input. Right now, for what it's worth, i'm leaning towords the KRZR as my last/current phone is a Moto SLVR L7 and I have no real complaints with it since my main concerns with a phone are bluetooth use (handfree talking), reception, sound quality and of course, battery life. Thanks for the help and hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend.
I'm rather disappointed with the battery life of my KRAZR. Doesn't seem to charge all the way (goes up to two bars). So I get about 1/2 the talktime out of it as when I original posted in this thread. Mine is the CDMA version provided by the Verizon.
Old May 28, 2007, 12:33 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tokyotraveler
I couldn't wait to get rid of my KRZR. Had it for four months. I SMS over 1500 times per month and found the software used not very sms friendly. Traded in the KRZR for a Samsung i600 and love it!
Old May 28, 2007, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I couldn't wait to get rid of my KRZR. Had it for four months. I SMS over 1500 times per month and found the software used not very sms friendly. Traded in the KRZR for a Samsung i600 and love it!
The KRAZR is all about the look and the fad. I guess the motto is: "Who cares how the phone works when it looks sexy."
Old May 28, 2007, 10:58 am

Programs: UA MP, Marriot R
Originally Posted by slippahs
I'm rather disappointed with the battery life of my KRAZR. Doesn't seem to charge all the way (goes up to two bars). So I get about 1/2 the talktime out of it as when I original posted in this thread. Mine is the CDMA version provided by the Verizon.
Sheesh....I know you were really excited about the phone when you first got it. The one i'm looking at (well both the phones) are Sprint versions and they're both the same price at 79.99 before $50 mail in rebate. How is the KRZR's battery life with bluetooth on?

I guess my main issue is that all Motorola's ive used so far have given me good luck and I have no experience with Samsung phone's and have only heard bad things. I just want to be sure I pick the right phone since i'll be stuck with it for two years.
Old May 28, 2007, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
The best thing about many moto phones is that they are usb port chargeable. So I can use the same charger on many phones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.