TMobile (US) Dash.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TMobile (US) Dash.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2006, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Mine mysteriously ran the battery down during my LAX-AMS flight today. I'm not sure what happened. I suspect I forgot to lock the keypad and it a button got held in or something. Hopefully after a charge all will be well again.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 8:23 pm

Programs: Onepass, Hilton Honors, Delta Sky Miles
dash

I love my dash, however a couple of things would make me love it more...

1. I am addicted to bubble breaker and on transcon flights my battery is fried after three hours. (yes I turn off Bluetooth, Wifi and all the other radios) I would not mind getting a bigger battery because I am used to the thickness of a BlackBerry.

2. Mini USB noice cancelling headset.

For those of you who have had thweriud issue with call waiting and cutting off who you are speaking with turn off the volume strip in settings.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Count Your Blessings
Originally Posted by nmenaker
having had the dash now a couple months, I decided to pickup one for #1 1K GF, found a deal for 99$ AR direct through t-mo.

She's going to love the size of it, compared to the BB which she never uses.
Is that deal still around?

Where at T-Mo did you get it?
Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
microsoft deal

This is a microsoft deal, but anybody can get it,
the price is now only 49$, since the rebate is now 100$ off 149$
free ship, no activation, one year deal.

You must have a data plan, and or 45$ bill for the rebate to activate, then you can change it down to 5.99$ data plan, for full internet access.

just call the 800# listed on this page, and tell them WINDOWS MOBILE

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...3/default.mspx
Old Nov 28, 2006, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nmenaker
This is a microsoft deal, but anybody can get it,
the price is now only 49$, since the rebate is now 100$ off 149$
free ship, no activation, one year deal.

You must have a data plan, and or 45$ bill for the rebate to activate, then you can change it down to 5.99$ data plan, for full internet access.

just call the 800# listed on this page, and tell them WINDOWS MOBILE

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...3/default.mspx
Just got mine for about $250 or so and only now saw this as a possibility. All TMO stores allow returns within the first x number of days? This is too good not to work on. I've only had it a few hours but I adore mine already. Is there a one stop site for setting it up? I assume the TMO site will do it. Any others?

Last edited by woody125; Nov 28, 2006 at 6:14 pm
Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Anything new about this? I'm getting sick of my Blackberry and thought this might be an option.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 3:28 pm

I've been using the Dash for a few months and last week got a BB Pearl. I am much happier with the Pearl, though might have to switch to a BB with a full keyboard.

Pearl is much faster, easier to get into speakerphone, call clarity is better, battery lasts me 3x longer, camera as a flash, screen / keyboard lock works a little faster, turns from off in 3 seconds vs almost a minute on the dash.

I like the Dash for the WiFi, customizable themes, SlingPlayer, email client UI style.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
The Dash still rocks, I'm still using it, and watching as my office slowly fills with discarded Blackberrys from everyone that is switching.

Microsoft announced Windows Mobile 6 today, which has a host of improvements: HTML/WYSIWYG mail, Office doc editing, Windows Live client, vastly improved IE. The Dash will be the first hardware to be upgraded. At least it's the platform they're using for beta testing and at least one person from the WinMo team has said they'll offer upgrades for it.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Originally Posted by alanw
The Dash still rocks, I'm still using it, and watching as my office slowly fills with discarded Blackberrys from everyone that is switching.

Microsoft announced Windows Mobile 6 today, which has a host of improvements: HTML/WYSIWYG mail, Office doc editing, Windows Live client, vastly improved IE. The Dash will be the first hardware to be upgraded. At least it's the platform they're using for beta testing and at least one person from the WinMo team has said they'll offer upgrades for it.
Are you suggesting I should wait a bit until the new version is out?
Old Feb 9, 2007, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
this offer

I did this offer for #1 1K GF back like November, October maybe. Now it is 49$, WITH another 50$ off, so free.

I have also been using the 4.95$ internet service and not the 30$ a month plan, so that works fine with email, slingplayer, google maps, MSN maps, and push emali.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 3:12 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Originally Posted by BigBopper
Are you suggesting I should wait a bit until the new version is out?
You could - but at least here in Norway, chances are that HTC (the Dash manufacturer) will provide "cheap upgrade packs"* for all their existing hardware. There will be two upgrade-versions for HTC-clients; Windows Mobile Smartphone Edition, for all non-touchscreen devices - like the Dash, and Windows Mobile Professional for touchscreen devices like TyTN. As far as I know, there won't be any hardware upgrades to the Dash - so you could just go out and buy one today, and upgrade to WM6 later.

Good luck! After using a Windows Mobile device for a week, everything looks so "MS-DOS" (I'm looking at you, Blackberry).

*According to my source.

Last edited by Robbiedeluxe; Feb 10, 2007 at 2:18 pm
Old Feb 10, 2007, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
As far as I know, there won't be any hardware upgrades to the Dash - so you could just go out and buy one today, and upgrade to WM6 later.
The HTC Cavalier is the new version of the Excalibur but no carrier has committed to it yet.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 6:17 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Microsoft Reveals New Windows Mobile 6 Smartphone Software
Press Release: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...oftwarePR.mspx

By the second quarter of this year, the world will see the first Windows Mobile 6 powered devices available on the market. In Europe, Orange plans to deliver the SPV E650 smartphone from HTC, and in Japan, SoftBank Mobile Corp. will offer new devices from Toshiba and HTC. And in the United States, the popular T-Mobile Dash will be updated with Windows Mobile 6 and be available in the coming months. Current T-Mobile Dash owners will also be able to upgrade existing devices with Windows Mobile 5.0 to Windows Mobile 6.

^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.