Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mail Forwarding?? Europe to USA??? Help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2006, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Mail Forwarding?? Europe to USA??? Help

I would think this would be the right forum for this but i may be wrong. I am moving back to the USA and would like to keep a European address. I have seen mail forwarders that will give you an address and then mail your mail to your home in the states. I have done a lot of research on this and havent found anything that sticks out for me...
I though for sure there would be someone who sould scan you mail and then send you email of it but havent seen anything like it.

Do any of you use a service like this that is reasonable???

RM
Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I haven't heard of a service that scans mail and e-mails you the results. I think it would be tough to build a business around that idea. My guess is that you're out of luck with this idea--but let me know if I am wrong!
Old Aug 12, 2006, 10:08 am

Programs: AA
I am moving back to the USA and would like to keep a European address.
For the tax break?

Just kidding, but I am curious: what would be the advantage to having a European address once you're living back in the US? I mean, I can't think of an advantage that would outweigh the hassle and cost of trying to get your mail forwarded to you.

Although, what's the foreign earned income exclusion these days, $80,000? I take back what I said about the cost.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 5:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cubbie
I mean, I can't think of an advantage that would outweigh the hassle and cost of trying to get your mail forwarded to you.
Just in regard to frequent flyers (and the weighing of hassle aside), it eases the effort in obtaining/maintaining multiple mileage-earning credit cards. For example, I've got three LH VISAs: one US-based, one UK-based, and one Germany-based. Wouldn't be possible without at least two (optimally three) addresses. Being able to show a form of residency like that opens doors (and yes, maybe a Pandora's box at times).
Old Aug 13, 2006, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
this may not be exactly what you're looking for, but what we do is change our address to a trusted friend's (or in the us, a mailbox storefront, surely those exist in europe?) and have them fed-ex or ups our mail once every fill-in-the-blank. (we usually do every other week.)

assuming you're going to do this indefinitely, i'd recommend paying your 'trusted friend' a stipend. perhaps a free trip from all the extra miles you can accumulate?!
Old Aug 13, 2006, 9:07 am

Programs: United GS, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AC
Regus (link) has something like this. It is a short-term office rental company, very well-known. They can give you a 'virtual' office in any of their locations, where they will collect and forward your mail and even answer your phones. The mail collection 'starts' at $50/month according to their website. They don't appear to scan your mail, but they will Fedex it. I'll bet you could even work out a scanning service with them, since you can hire their office assistants and staff on an hourly basis.

Don't expect any of this to be cheap, though, since Regus charges extra for every little thing you might want.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 9:36 am

It looks like Mail Boxes Etc. also has a forwarding (but not scanning) service - www.mbe.co.uk
Old Aug 13, 2006, 10:38 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by oregonrebel
I though for sure there would be someone who sould scan you mail and then send you email of it but havent seen anything like it.

Do any of you use a service like this that is reasonable???

RM
I doubt that you will find a service that will open and scan your mail for you. There would be a huge privacy issue.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by MovieMan
I doubt that you will find a service that will open and scan your mail for you. There would be a huge privacy issue.
There is at least once service that does that. http://www.irishoffice.com/ I have never heard of them before, however, so use at your own risk!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 5:02 pm

Forwarding Service

Hi, I use Elliott and Elliott Enterprises.http://elliott-and-elliott-enterprises.com They receive my packages and forwarding them to me. It works fine for me. ^
Address is in Texas. USA. I don't pay monthly fees for use it and that is good because another you must buy a membership and paying them each month thus you're not using the service. They accept payments using credit /debit card through paypal or a account paypal, that is secure because I don't have give them my financial information
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:03 pm

I use Swiss Post Box, run by the Swiss postal service, and am very happy with them:

http://www.swisspostbox.com/

They have various receiving addresses in Switzerland, France, Germany, Italy, and Austria, and notify you by email when you have a letter. You can then choose to have your letter scanned (and readable on their website), forwarded worldwide (you pay for the onward postage), archived (you pay for storage), or shredded.

Last edited by acunningham; Sep 23, 2011 at 8:12 pm
Old Sep 24, 2011, 1:03 pm

For a comparison of all services that give you an address and also scan your mail, see this page.

In short, bongo is probably your best option. No monthly fees. It's $5 to setup the box, and then it's a dollar per page, or something like that. Address is in Brussels, Belgium. You can't beat that if you get a low volume of mail.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by acunningham
I use Swiss Post Box, run by the Swiss postal service, and am very happy with them:

http://www.swisspostbox.com/

They have various receiving addresses in Switzerland, France, Germany, Italy, and Austria, and notify you by email when you have a letter. You can then choose to have your letter scanned (and readable on their website), forwarded worldwide (you pay for the onward postage), archived (you pay for storage), or shredded.
+1 for SPB. They work very well. Just upgraded to a new interface that's rather nice too.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:53 am

I used in the past a service from Italy when I was subscribed to a couple of Italian magazines, basically these were sent to an Italian address then the company would keep them and consolidate as one shipment every couple of weeks or so, for urgent documents they would scan them for me and forward via email, very decent service www.sourcingitaly.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.