Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 UK/Vodafone UK roaming updates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

3 UK/Vodafone UK roaming updates

After complaining bitterly about 3 UK a year ago , thought I would update Ft on my recent experiences Just spent 3 weeks in NZ / Australia. 3 data speeds in NZ have improved dramatically, now decent 3G on both contract (iPad ) and PAYG ( iPhone 7 ) Very usable data , certainly good enough for email and navigation Had to turn on and off occasionally to reregister on network , but not a big deal In the end I got a Voda NZ SIM for local number convenience , excellent 4G , but could have lived without one Similar experiences for few days in the Land of the Red Roo , didn't bother with local SIM , 3 was more than adequate Even managed a bit of highly illegal tethering using a cable. 3 also seems to have improved in the US , only a very brief trial at LAX on way home , but decent data speeds on T Mobile in contrast to Feb 16

Also used Vodafone World Traveller in NZ for couple of days , excellent 4G for a fiver a day , good option for shorter visits

Congratulations to 3 for service improvements - well done !
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I find it to be pretty good in the US but extraordinarily good when considering value for money.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: BA, Virgin, Lufthansa
My work phone is on Vodafone, and my personal one on Three

I obviously don't work about the Vodafone bill much (we've got corporate rates that work well for most countries)

But being able to just use my in lots of countries without having to worry about data charges is fab.

All I need know is carriers to sort out how they measure usage - when I was in Australia all my data traffic was routed back through the UK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.