Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Calling Flyertalk Geeks - Someone Build This...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot

As someone who used to love "Channel 9" on UA, listening to ATC I realized from one of the other forums that you can listen to ATC on liveatc.net over the aircraft wifi connection. Problem comes when you have to follow along for the frequency changes in flight - so, what I'm asking is this:

If anyone here is tech savvy enough to do this (sadly, I'm not). Someone should build some kind of app/site where you can combine flight tracking data with liveatc.net - once on board you enter your flight number and it automatically follows your flight on ATC so you can listen the whole way, just like the old Channel 9.

Anyone think it's doable?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:55 am

Might be doable, but I'm not sure if liveatc.net has comprehensive coverage of all approach/departure frequencies. I know they carry the major airports, but there might be holes in the coverage.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
LiveATC audio is fed by volunteers. Most of not all of the frequencies on there are near airports as that's what the majority of demand for such a feed would be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.