Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iPad pro 9.7 - options with pencil holder

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:02 am
Original Poster

iPad pro 9.7 - options with pencil holder

Hi there, I have an iPad pro, 9.7 inch with the apple pencil. I also have the apple smart keyboard with it.

I am now looking at options to 1) cover the back, 2)be compatible with apple's smart keyboard, as well as 3) have an apple pencil holder. It needs to not be too bulky and look business presentable.

I'd like to see what others are doing. I've looked at the following options:

a) Purchase the apple back cover and use something like the sling with it. Not sure how that will look

b) Purchase something like a cover buddy. The review comments about it being brittle are of concern.

c) Purchase a Moxi apple pencil magnet , but I'm not sure how well that will work if I use a back cover (which I will need)

d) Look at a good looking folio that sits on top of the smart keyboard, but so far I've only found this product, that is only for a 12.7 inch version. I also found these back cases, that don't really look too good to me.

Thanks

Last edited by arjunrc; Dec 21, 2016 at 9:10 am
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
I really don't have a good answer for the pencil issue. I just throw it in my briefcase with the iPad. For a back cover I use the Apple one and I like it quite a bit when paired with the Apple keyboard cover.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks - I tried on the logitech create today and some other cases. They all add significant amount of bulk. The logitech came close to what I had envisioned, but as it stands today, it is just too bulky.

I too, for now, have settled with the Apple Smart Keyboard + Apple back cover.
For the pencil issue:
a) I've ordered the moxiware magnet (for the times I need to temporarily stick it somewhere while working, or attach the cap while I'm charging. I am told it also attaches well to the smart keyboard exterior - the bulging part when its folded shut, but I wouldn't trust it)
b) For a longer term attach solution that doesn't need me to keep checking, I might get the Leuchtturm pen loop that attaches like this.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Not sure how attached you are to the Apple Keyboard. Personally I think it's awful!

Logitech do something that would fit the bill (Well ish...) Seems to get great reviews as well.

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/produc...lder?crid=1221
Old Dec 21, 2016, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Yes, that is the keyboard I referred to above - I just tried it in BestBuy.
Logitech makes excellent keyboards. I found this folio to be more bulky than necessary and certainly more bulky (relative to the device size) than the logitech keyboard folio I owned earlier for my mini iPad.

It's a good keyboard but I'll keep a watch to see if logitech releases a slimmer folio.

Originally Posted by GuyWMD
Not sure how attached you are to the Apple Keyboard. Personally I think it's awful!

Logitech do something that would fit the bill (Well ish...) Seems to get great reviews as well.

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/produc...lder?crid=1221

Last edited by arjunrc; Dec 22, 2016 at 8:49 am
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club

10 Best Smart Keyboard Compatible iPad Pro Cases

http://www.tufitech.com/accessories/ipad-pro-smart-keyboard-cases/

Check out 1, 7, and 8
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
10 Best Smart Keyboard Compatible iPad Pro Cases
http://www.tufitech.com/accessories/...eyboard-cases/

Check out 1, 7, and 8

Thanks - yes, I did read this too.

1 - fits the bill, with the exception that it is not available for 9.7 inch, only 12.x
7 - is what I contemplated purchasing (and may do so in future as well)
8 - interesting I must have missed it. This amazon review about it is, well, the first I've encountered of this type:
Solid, but weight makes it fall over on smart keyboard and it sets off TSA explosive detectors

Last edited by arjunrc; Dec 22, 2016 at 9:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.