Reload this Page >

Google Pixel Phones

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Google Pixel Phones

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Buster
My Pixel is on its way...and I am thoroughly confused about "safe" charging of this thing. There are SO MANY POSTS everywhere about USB-C certifications, safe charging, etc. that my head is spinning.

My basic question is: can I continue to use my Anker 5 port 40W charger with the Pixel if I get good quality USB A to USB C cables? I realize it won't fast charge, but I mostly don't need it to.

Thanks!
It comes with a USB-C to USB charger included and I continue to use that along with my old iClever dual USB charger. It charges slower than it could - but works.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 7:47 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Have been using it now for a little over a week. I have to say I am enjoying it. The battery life on my XL is nothing short of fantastic. I would normally be charging my nexus 6 after lunch I haven't had to charge this thing at work once yet. I find myself plugging it in with around 35 to 40 percent each night. The Doze thing works great. Saturday night my phone didn't make it to a charger I woke up still north of 30% a short session on the charger in the morning, and I got through the rest of the day with it. Very very happy.

Also Google Fi has been great so far in some areas where I work the coverage between the two networks has done better then AT&T did.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
Have been using it now for a little over a week. I have to say I am enjoying it. The battery life on my XL is nothing short of fantastic. I would normally be charging my nexus 6 after lunch I haven't had to charge this thing at work once yet. I find myself plugging it in with around 35 to 40 percent each night. The Doze thing works great. Saturday night my phone didn't make it to a charger I woke up still north of 30% a short session on the charger in the morning, and I got through the rest of the day with it. Very very happy.

Also Google Fi has been great so far in some areas where I work the coverage between the two networks has done better then AT&T did.
My battery experience on the Pixel (small version) is much less glowing. The battery does not last through the day and requires a recharge. Especially if you have location services active.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Buster
My basic question is: can I continue to use my Anker 5 port 40W charger with the Pixel if I get good quality USB A to USB C cables? I realize it won't fast charge, but I mostly don't need it to.

Thanks!
Should work if you get a usb-c to usb-a charging cable, but may or may not support fast-charging.

Read the comments for the cable you intend to buy. Make sure it works when power is at the usb-a end.

We're currently in the wild wild west of usb-c cables and accessories and the usb-c cables (and standards) themselves support several different levels of charging and data speeds.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Nov 9, 2016 at 8:15 pm
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Should work if you get a usb-c to usb-a charging cable, but may or may not support fast-charging.

Read the comments for the cable you intend to buy. Make sure it works when power is at the usb-a end.

We're currently in the wild wild west of usb-c cables and accessories and the usb-c cables (and standards) themselves support several different levels of charging and data speeds.

-David
Thanks. I'm not super concerned about fast charging, particularly given that I've read that constantly fast charging will hurt the battery over the life of the phone. I'm using Benson Leung approved cables, so I think I should be good to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.