Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Home energy monitors

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Home energy monitors

Ever since learning about Curb Energy I have been interested in the concept of a home energy monitor. There actually seem to be a lot od players...Neurio, Curb, The Energy Detective (TED), Smappee, Aeon Labs, and Sense should be shipping soon. Most of them just need to connect to your mains, but Curb and TED can also connect to individual breakers to monitor those. Smappee, Sense, and and upgrade to Neurio claim to identify individual appliances but a lot of people claim that technology is not very good and gives a lot of false identification.

The systems range from the Aeon at less than $100 to the other systems at over $300.
The main advantage to one of these systems over just a kill-a-watt is that it can monitor things such as an oven and dryer which don't use the standard plug and therefore can't plug into KillAWatt.

So who has a system, which system do you have, and do you think it is worth it?

I do have SmartThings so I can integrate it with that or just run it solo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.