Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High latency, low quality - WDS network

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tmiw
My experience was fairly recent, actually. I guess it's possible that I inadvertently bought an older model though. (~$30 adapter set from Fry's, I forget the brand/model; it was for my parents' desktop PC.)
Originally Posted by chx1975
300mbps adapters are indeed old technology (ancient even, the last in the original HomePlug series IMO was 500).
I installed the Cat6 cable and connected it to the router and set it up as an AP.

Powerline still sucks though, they're TP-Link AV500 (500 Mbps) adapters and the highest I got was 30 Mbps.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by murtaza12
I installed the Cat6 cable and connected it to the router and set it up as an AP.

Powerline still sucks though, they're TP-Link AV500 (500 Mbps) adapters and the highest I got was 30 Mbps.
That's still not HomePlug 2, those are called AV2 typically:
TP-LINK AV200, AV500, AV600 Powerline adapters adopted HomePlug AV Standard, so they are compatible with each other. The TP-LINK AV1200 adapters adopt HomePlug AV2,
And I call it old because AV2 was introduced in 2012 January, MIMO in October 2013. Aside from old stock or trying to save money, no reason any more to buy any other Powerline products but AV2 MIMO.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chx1975
That's still not HomePlug 2, those are called AV2 typically:

And I call it old because AV2 was introduced in 2012 January, MIMO in October 2013. Aside from old stock or trying to save money, no reason any more to buy any other Powerline products but AV2 MIMO.
Saving money was the idea, but screw that now.

Learnt it the hard way, wasted $35 on the adapters and now they're just sitting in a box.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.