Wiki Posts
Search

SkyGuru app

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2016, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
SkyGuru app

My mother in law (!!) just forwarded me an FB post from her friends who, apparently, have been working on an in-flight app that aims to provide you all the information that the pilot sees about your flight. The app is called SkyGuru. I think (not sure) that it might only be in Russian and it just made it to the App Store. It's $19.99, so definitely not cheap for an app. They claim in their FB post that the app relies on paid data from professional sources and ask that people don't use it needlessly, as they need to pay for each instance of the data being used. Honestly, smells a bit funny, but I wanted to see if any of you sky gurus have downloaded this or given this a try.

http://myskyguru.ru/

I have 0 affiliation with these people (I don't even know them), but wanted to get FT's thoughts as well as share something that may be potentially interesting to some of you.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
Bleh the reviews are pretty crap and seem to confirm my suspicions that the app is just a bunch of junk.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FlightRadar24 and FlightAware are what I like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.