Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GPS Tracking of Flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2015, 11:52 am
Original Poster

GPS Tracking of Flights

I'm about to start work with an airline and would love a way of tracking my flights - not just A-B type theoretical distances but actually having a track of the route flown. I can imagine in years to come it'll be nice to look back at a map of all the places I've been (it's both a short haul and long haul airline so I'd hope would provide some varied and interesting routes).

Does anyone know of any small GPS trackers and software which would allow me to do this over many hours of flying per year?

Reception shouldn't be a problem as I'll be "up front" in the plane. It may seem a weird request but I know other pilots who track the number of pax they've carried so that they can mark the occasion of their millionth passenger. I'd love to retire knowing a semi accurate figure of the number of miles I have flown!

Anyone else with a similar OCD for facts?!
Old Aug 23, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
So you are an airline pilot?

Then you must know that websites such as www.flightaware.com will show you actual mileage flown after the flight has landed.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 6:54 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Have you asked this question on PPRuNe - the Professional Pilots Rumour Network?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.