Suggested noise cancelling or noise isolating headphones or earbuds under $100

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)

The title says it all. I'm looking for noise cancelling or noise isolating headphones or earbuds that I can get for under $100. The primary use for this will be on airplanes. Thank you for your help.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
For the price, I think
these work very well these work very well
. Audio-Technica ATH-ANC23. Buy a hard case to put them in. Or use an Altoid tin.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 3:03 am

Programs: AY+
+1 for for Audio Technica
Price/quality wise it´s good alternative
Old Jul 12, 2015, 6:53 am

I have an older version of these Able Planet headphones:
Amazon Amazon

I think that they work fine. I have never used any other brand to compare them to though.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 9:07 am

Noise blocking

I use Etymotic noise _blocking_ earbuds. I really like them and use them a lot. I do not have experience with other brands.

If you just want silence, look at the foam ear plugs sold for construction workers, ramp workers, etc. They are more comfortable for sleeping. Industrial hearing protection is a well developed market with low prices....just no music.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
About $100 worth of hard liquor.

Works great
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by sama
+1 for for Audio Technica
Price/quality wise it´s good alternative
+1
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:51 pm

These are close to $100 ($116). I heard they are the 2nd best option to the Bose QCs:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...10010&format=2
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Originally Posted by NJFlyer42
I use Etymotic noise _blocking_ earbuds. I really like them and use them a lot. I do not have experience with other brands.
Second this one - I put in my Etymotic headphones I can't hear a thing. Work better than noise canceling since they effectively cut any noise out! Oh and they sound great. Don't need batteries.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Etymotic is the way to go - though the 100 bucks limit will narrow the choices to the lower end of the range, they will be still excellent!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Another vote for Etymotic. I think the low ends can be had for around $100.
I have the HF5 which you can get for a little more, and they are great.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:10 am

I'd probably spend a little bit more to get quality headphones. Doesn't have to be top of the line. It's not like I buy headphones on a regular basis anyway. Just my two cents. You'll be keeping it for a while. Or if you want, buy whatever you like on amazon, then return it after you're done. Their customer service is fantastic even past the 30 day return policy.

And since Bose is mentioned, I'd choose Sennheiser over Bose. I feel that Bose is overrated as a brand. To each its own.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:21 pm

In 30 minutes from this post, Amazon Prime will discount the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC27X an unspecified amount from its current price of $70.

The offer is part of today's Prime Day sale and is exclusive to Prime members.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
If you just want silence, look at the foam ear plugs sold for construction workers, ramp workers, etc. They are more comfortable for sleeping. Industrial hearing protection is a well developed market with low prices....just no music.
I haven't used them, but many people are big fans of foam earbud tips. These seem to be the most popular:

http://www.complyfoam.com/
Old Jul 17, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K
I may have had a bad experience... I bought a pair of AudioTechnica's thinking the same thing - I want noise canceling in a small package, without breaking the bank.

Totally unimpressed. I'm not an audiophile - I can barely tell you the difference between bass and treble, but I did want some quiet. And they just didn't deliver, for me, anyway. I could barely tell the difference when they were on.

I splurged, bought the Bose QC20s and it was a mind-blowing difference. I love them.

If you insist on staying under $100, I'd recommend either the Ety's referenced above, or I have a set of Shure SE215's with noise-blocking foam tips that were really comfortable and did a good job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.