UK SIM card expiry

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK SIM card expiry

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
UK SIM card expiry

I usually travel to the UK once a year and would like to retain the same mobile number for various reasons. Of course I will make a quick call/txt every 3 or 6 months to keep the SIM "alive" if necessary, but what is the exact expiry date on a prepaid SIM with credit still on it? Does it change depending on the mobile operator? What is the expiry on EE for instance?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by aster
I usually travel to the UK once a year and would like to retain the same mobile number for various reasons. Of course I will make a quick call/txt every 3 or 6 months to keep the SIM "alive" if necessary, but what is the exact expiry date on a prepaid SIM with credit still on it? Does it change depending on the mobile operator? What is the expiry on EE for instance?
It depends but it's usually 6 months I believe, I was with EE for a short while and it definitely is with them. It usually applies to unused credit as well although Three PAYG don't have expiring credit (as far as I know) although your number may be suspended after 180 days (6 months) of inactivity.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
The website is the best place to find the exact policy for your particular plan. Often topping it up will reset the time, but that varies from carrier to carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.