Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gatemate [Kickstarter]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:09 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Originally Posted by Boogie711
I have a similar device that I use to work on while waiting for my flight, except it comes with coffee, bad snacks and televisions. It's called the business lounge.
LOL. The idea is interesting, but as you point out, why not just buy a one-time pass to the lounge if you really need it?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Mikity
LOL. The idea is interesting, but as you point out, why not just buy a one-time pass to the lounge if you really need it?
Because most lounges charge $50 for one time use. Not worth it in my opinion, especially if you can't expense it for work 😏
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CitizenWorld
I'm having trouble seeing how this is any advantage over a regular powerbank.
It's use as an impromptu table is its key use case. Once or twice a year I could have used a table. Instead I sat at a different gate in a set next to a table and moved back to my gate when I finished my soda.

Originally Posted by Mikity
For the same price as a one-day lounge pass, you can have a table with recharging at your gate.

I have lounge access and still have times when I need this either at outstations without a lounge or when I leave the lounge with my coffee a little too early and I get to the gate and boarding hasn't begun yet due to some delay.

I'm not saying this is a must-have product, but I don't get the people denying it has any utility. It does, despite being a solution to a first-world problem. [says the man who just bought a magnetic charging cord organizer for my nightstand]
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
So much weight and bulk (AAA batteries... seriously?). This is the Lisa Simpson of travel products

(1000 of Drew Carey's bonus points for getting that reference... and 1000 more for this one )
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Asiana Club Silver, Flying Blue Ivory
This is the Lisa Simpson of travel products
Young and brilliant?
Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by lensman
It's use as an impromptu table is its key use case. Once or twice a year I could have used a table. Instead I sat at a different gate in a set next to a table and moved back to my gate when I finished my soda.
Like I said, it's a matter of convenience. Carrying something that large you'll only need once or twice a year the whole year round doesn't make sense.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CitizenWorld
Like I said, it's a matter of convenience. Carrying something that large you'll only need once or twice a year the whole year round doesn't make sense.
Isn't that what I said.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
You better place a warning label on it saying "Caution! The coffee on this table may be hot!".

Roller bags are inherently unstable - at least the two wheeled variety. Mine likes to tip depending on how it is packed, and if it is expanded it is guaranteed to tip over. Spinners like to slide off on their own, so there could be an issue there too.

Now it might be convenient to have a shallow cup holder molded directly into the top of the roller bag, but in my case my laptop bag is usually sitting there when I am killing time at the gate.

Just can't see the use of it, but good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.