Wiki Posts
Search

Does T-Mobile Offer Uncapped Tethering Plans

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jspira
With T-Mobile's use of Wi-Fi calling, do you really need a femtocell?
You can get a signal booster from T-Mobile for free as well. There can be some issues with delayed text messages on the WiFi calling, and if you're not in an LTE area you'll drop the call when you leave the WiFi coverage (provided your phone has VoTLE capabilities.)
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WIRunner
I still don't quite know what answer you want. If you get an unlimited plan there's 5 GB of data included, hard cap, or for $10 more you can have 7 GB with a hard cap. The limited data plans have a "soft cap" which will throttle you down to speeds where there might as well be a hard cap.
Simply stated, the T&Cs for Family, Individual and Mobile Internet are different. Only Family mentions 5GB hard cap on Tethering. So, the absence of same in Individual would imply that there's no hard cap. Hence, my long painful chat with T-Mo.

Originally Posted by jspira
With T-Mobile's use of Wi-Fi calling, do you really need a femtocell?
I'm using connection to a WiFi Router (the one T-Mo provides you for $10 or $15) as interchangeable with AT&T's Femto. Point being that, since coverage for both AT&T and T-Mo stinks in my area, I'd be relying on some device (AT&T Femto or T-Mo Wifi Router) to get coverage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.