Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

TripIt vs. Kayak My Trips vs. Worldmate vs. other serious competitors??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TripIt vs. Kayak My Trips vs. Worldmate vs. other serious competitors??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: SK Gold, CO Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WIRunner
Google Now is getting better with keeping up with flights, I always have found that Tripit is about a 10 minutes behind when I need the information right now.

Blackberry Travel was still the best. If there was ever a reason to go back to a Blackberry that would be it. Sadly, not an option now.
Actually BlackBerry Travel still works fine for those of us still using BlackBerry; and the 'Pro' features like flight alerts, gate changes, etc. are free. Underneath it shares a lot with WorldMate. It hasn't been updated in about 2 years now, but it works just fine.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by warric123
Actually BlackBerry Travel still works fine for those of us still using BlackBerry; and the 'Pro' features like flight alerts, gate changes, etc. are free. Underneath it shares a lot with WorldMate. It hasn't been updated in about 2 years now, but it works just fine.
T-Mobile had a tiff with Blackberry to Android or iOS are my options. I would love to go back to my Tour 8900, one of the best phones that I've had, but at this point I don't think I'd want to give up the rest that I have on my S4. Not worth the tradeoff for one aspect of how I use my device.

I might give WorldMate a shot. TripIt has been far too unreliable the past few trips. They gave me a trial to Pro, and their e-mails come through after the App has alerted me, and the Google Now update hits as well. That is what I loved about BBT, it alerted often before I would get the call or email from the airline.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by docbert
Just started playing with this one.

Initial impression is negative, if only for the fact that it doesn't automatically merge plans that are clearly related. eg, I sent it flights, then 2 sets of hotel plans that were within the days of the flights. TripIt and Kayak both merge all 3 plans into a single trip, whilst TripCase left me with 3 trips all with the same name and overlapping dates, but I had to manually merge the three into one.

As someone that normally books airfares, hotel and car separately, having to log into the website to merge the trips is a showstopper.
I prefer it separate - as I have lot of travel which are close to each other but unrelated and I like being able to go to app and select what to merge.
Old May 6, 2015, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'll add another vote for Kayak Pro. I like the interface. Inputting trip information is generally a breeze. It syncs with the calendar on my phone, iPad and computer. Notices are fairly punctual - no better or worse than what AA provides. I haven't used the other apps so I can't make any comparisons. That being said, Kayak hasn't given me any reason to look elsewhere.

Regards,
SonP
Old May 16, 2015, 9:21 am

A slight thread hijack, but are any of you worldmate iOS users that bought the app when it included Gold? I just noticed that my Gold status is now gone and wondering if anyone else is affected. Hoping it's a glitch.
Old May 16, 2015, 6:02 pm
Suspended

For those who have travel agents - there are two apps I recommend (I'm an agent).

TripCase - mentioned previously - directly linked w/ Sabre/GDS. Flight changes, gate changes, travel time, confirmation #s, linear categorizing of trips, etc. Not only does the client know what's going on but so does the agent.

I consider TripCase to be a 'no bs', all business no pleasure app. No thrills but it gets the job done.

For itinerary building (with everything TripCase can do), UMapped is where it's at!! Sharing restaurants, trip ideas, keeping notes, adding pictures, etc..it does it all. Costs the agent $$ but the client gets it free.

So, so slick.

http://umapped.com

Last edited by pricesquire; May 17, 2015 at 6:40 am
Old May 16, 2015, 10:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
I've been using Kayak for a couple of years now. It's great as I just forward my confirmation emails to Kayak and it does the rest(even cancellations, changes and stuff). It was great I was able to email my boss and a few other people at work a link to the outlook calendar, and basically I tell them(if I booked it it's in the calendar) so they know exactly what my schedule is.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: DL PM; US Silver;Mariott+SPG+Hyatt Gold; Hertz 5*; National Car Emerald; Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by PackingIt
A slight thread hijack, but are any of you worldmate iOS users that bought the app when it included Gold? I just noticed that my Gold status is now gone and wondering if anyone else is affected. Hoping it's a glitch.
Happened to me too. I don't think it's a glitch. I think they're requiring yearly subscriptions now to use the app.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:44 am

I should have followed up here. Contacted WorldMate and they fixed my account. If you originally paid for the iOS Gold app, you get to keep Gold status. There was an issue when they merged the paid and free apps that affected some of us that had Gold status from buying the app. If you have the same issue, contact them and they will fix it.

Originally Posted by apados
Happened to me too. I don't think it's a glitch. I think they're requiring yearly subscriptions now to use the app.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:05 pm

Any updates to this in the last few months? Curious if there is anything new out there worth trying.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd suggest checking out the Travel Tools forum, whose focus is to discuss these kinds of things. Since there haven't been other replies to this thread in a while, I'll close it. But if someone would like to post more technology-centric aspects of this, feel free to create a new thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.