Tmobile International Wifi Calling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tmobile International Wifi Calling

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
As long as you are connected to wifi, and WiFi Calling is enabled, phone calls back to the US (only) are free. If you are in, for example, France, and you want to call a French phone number, then you will be charged $0.20/min regardless if you are on wifi or not.
Thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:56 pm

Are there any security issues when making calls over WiFi?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:43 pm

TMobile encrypts the communication back to its server. I would think it is as safe as a call over a foreign cellular net -- certainly safer than in certain countries.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Really thinking about switching to T-Mobile for the international calling.

Had to call the US from Germany about a possible credit card fraud but didn't want to roam on my AT&T.

So opened up Skype and was able to add $4.99 credit from my iPhone 6 Plus using Touch ID for in-app purchase.

Made two long calls and it only used up 48 cents. Sound quality was great, better than usual cell calls.

But I wonder if the international data would be fast enough for high quality calls.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by wco81
But I wonder if the international data would be fast enough for high quality calls.
My experience has generally been positive for skype/line/wechat/whatsapp voice calls. Sometimes works for video calls and Facetime.

For short calls, usually break the bank and pay the $0.20/minute

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.