Search

iOS 8 Problems, Anyone Else?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
iOS 8 Problems, Anyone Else?

I updated my iPhone and iPad (a 32 GB 5s A1453, and a 16 GB Mini Retina) to iOS 8 (and subsequently 8.1) and have had nothing but issues with both devices since.

On my iPhone the messaging app will freeze up frequently, and whilst will still allow me to get new messages, I won't be able to read them until I force close it. If this happened once or twice, no problem, but it is 3 to 4 times per day. The new thing is the screen is starting to become randomly unresponsive. This is just a wait and see, sometimes locking and unlocking the screen will work, sometimes not.

My iPad, the keyboard will pop up, then go away. Again, I need to force close whatever I'm using to fix it. Now the more annoying part: WiFi will stop working. It will show connected, but will time out. None of the other devices at home have problems at the same time. I need to swap from 2.4 to 5 or vice versa, to get things working again.

I should add, none of these problems happened until after I did the upgrade. So... is anyone else having this problem? I've already reset both to factory, and started from scratch, twice.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have been experiencing the same issues since upgrading. The wifi issue seems to have been resolved with 8.1 (trouble maintaining a connection to a 5.8GHz network) but other instabilities have gotten worse.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:28 pm

5.8GHz?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
5.8GHz?
5 or whatever the exact number is
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
5 or whatever the exact number is
Actually, you may be right. I didn't think 802.11a extended that high, but it looks like 4 of the 8 consumer bands are in that range. The other 4 are clustered around 5.2GHz. I'd just never seen someone refer to it by that specific frequency and was worried I was losing touch
Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yes it goes from 5.125 to 5.875GHz depending on what country you are in.

But I've had no problems with my iPhone 5s or older retina iPad since upgrading to 8.1
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:18 pm
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
no major issues since 8.1 . impressed now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.