iphone/itunes/ibooks woes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Help!

I have a bunch of books on the iBooks menu on the iPhone that I have no further interest in. When I "delete" them they still stay on the list, but with the iCloud icon.

I figured out that I need to go into iTunes to "hide" them, which I did, but then when I purchased a new book and hit "purchased" to get it to display in iBooks, everything I'd "hidden" in iTunes is back on the list.

There is apparently no way to just make them go away forever. Am I missing something?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: United MP
I just tried deleting a book that was old. I right clicked the name and selected delete. As far as I can tell, it's gone.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by milepig
Help!
Am I missing something?
Google is your friend.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DeafFlyer
I just tried deleting a book that was old. I right clicked the name and selected delete. As far as I can tell, it's gone.
But still shows on the phone. There is a hidden setting that says "Hide iCloud Books" which translates from "apple speak" to English as "hide books that are checked as hidden in iTunes."

But, when you purchase something else they all reappear.

Last edited by milepig; Oct 3, 2014 at 2:00 pm
Old Oct 4, 2014, 1:28 am

I know that you could never delete your purchase history on Apple.. be it songs, books or apps. As for hiding them.. I don't know.. never tried it.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

My only suggestion is to create a new iBooks folder called Deleted Books or similar. Then just move the books you want deleted there, so you'll not see them when looking at the current books you want to see. If you just see that cloud symbol, then they shouldn't take too much space.
Until you find a better solution, you at least won't see those books :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.