Reload this Page >

Thread for deals & buying recommendations for travel electronics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:45 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

I'm looking for a good price on a refurbed iPad 2.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:53 am
DH

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I'm looking for a good price on a refurbed iPad 2.
For refurb ipad, check Apple's refurb store. Its prices aren't cheapest but its refurb product comes with full warranty.
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...als/ipad/ipad2
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Are you near or traveling to a MicroCenter retail store, as they sometimes have good deals on iPad2 - choices might be limited & vary by location ...

Starting tomorrow (Sunday) - Target put the iPad Mini (WiFi) on sale for $199 only, no coupons needed - subject to in-store availability (16GB model, as I recall flipping the local flyer) - quan. limited & no rain-checks, that's a pretty good price, probably clearing out inventory (was as low as $229 not too long ago)

There's always Amazon, eBay and a # of (other) online sites. Mahalo
Old Sep 13, 2014, 6:52 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Thanks for those recommendations!

Now that the iPhone 6 has been announced, I want to upgrade my 4S to a 5S

AT&T's online pricing is silly ($20-30 a month for 18/12 months or buy outright for $299). In the past when I've wanted to upgrade to a one-generation-behind model, I could almost always find a refurb on AT&T's site for $49 or $99 with a two-year contract extension. Apparently they they aren't doing that anymore?

So do folks have other ideas? I wouldn't mind a contract extension.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
AT&T's online pricing is silly ($20-30 a month for 18/12 months or buy outright for $299).
Given they are offering people $300 to trade-in their 5S's, you will not see any refurbished deals for a very long time. Makes me think that Apple is heavily subsidizing these trade-in programs.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Why not trade-in your 4S for $200 (I believe AT&T is offering the same deal as Verizon) and use that to offset the $299 for the iPhone 6 you want? May as well get the newest generation at a pretty low price.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:41 pm

Thanks for those recommendations!

Now that the iPhone 6 has been announced, I want to upgrade my 4S to a 5S

AT&T's online pricing is silly ($20-30 a month for 18/12 months or buy outright for $299). In the past when I've wanted to upgrade to a one-generation-behind model, I could almost always find a refurb on AT&T's site for $49 or $99 with a two-year contract extension. Apparently they they aren't doing that anymore?

So do folks have other ideas? I wouldn't mind a contract extension.
You want a 5s right? It is $99 New at AT&T with 2 years contract. It is $549 without contract. That's for the 16GB model. If you want the 64GB, it is $249 with 2 years contract. They also have the certificated like new iPhone 5s 16GB for $49 with 2 years contract.

Also I remember reading that Walmart has it for $79 with 2 years contract.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.