Search

Svelte USB wall charger

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2014, 9:14 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Svelte USB wall charger

I am looking for a smaller USB wall charger, to always carry on my person. Currently I use the charger which ships with the Kindle e-Readers:

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Charger.../dp/B005DOK8NW

It's about 6cm X 3cm x 2cm which seemed unbelievably tiny the first time I saw one, but that was several years ago and my expectations have changed.

Cube style chargers seem to be in vogue, but online listings often do not give the dimensions, and I really prefer the flatter shape of the Kindle charger compared to something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251512801508

I suppose what I would really like is a device similar to the Kindle charger with retractable prongs. I haven't seen anything retractable, only folding, which suggests they may be a cost or safety issue with a retractable design.

Anyone know anything?
Old May 2, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: AY+
I bough few of these cube ones from the alibaba.

Problem on those are if the wall socket is deep (in Europe normal grounded one) the charger it self is too big and wont fit. So you need to find some old style not grounded socket where you can use this.
Old May 2, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Something like this would seem to be what you're looking for. It's a cube-shaped 2.1A USB charger with collapsable prongs. The exact dimensions aren't listed, but based on the size of the prongs, it would seem to be around an inch square or so.

Otherwise, the Apple 5W chargers they bundle with iPhones are seriously tiny—about one inch square, excluding prongs. Unfortunately, they don't seem to sell them separately, but this Belkin charger is basically the same thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.