Search

Laptop power cords

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Laptop power cords

Any recommendations on where to purchase an after-market laptop power cord? (Not power adapter.)

Trying to find a longer power cord for my Yoga 13 adapter (it looks like a simple 2-pin plug, but I'm a bit wary of just buying one off ebay). One place has a 12-foot for $17 and 8-foot for $13, but the $6 shipping kind of kills it.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Monoprice:

15ft: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

10ft: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Any recommendations on where to purchase an after-market laptop power cord? (Not power adapter.)

Trying to find a longer power cord for my Yoga 13 adapter (it looks like a simple 2-pin plug, but I'm a bit wary of just buying one off ebay). One place has a 12-foot for $17 and 8-foot for $13, but the $6 shipping kind of kills it.
Ask around and you're sure to find a friend or family member with a drawer full of unused power cords. (I'd be happy to give you one if you were in my neighborhood!) If the connector fits the brick, you have very little to worry about.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajGoes
If the connector fits the brick, you have very little to worry about.
Thanks to both of you. About to place a sizable order at Monoprice (two TV wall mounts and maybe a few monitor desk mounts), so I'll throw that in there, too.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:16 pm

I'd suggest mono price or amazon myself. I wouldn't go with ebay, not as reliable and probably not as good a deal as the previous two mentioned.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:19 pm

Thanks to both of you. About to place a sizable order at Monoprice (two TV wall mounts and maybe a few monitor desk mounts), so I'll throw that in there, too.
Don't forget to use the employee discount code EMP0794
or the 20% off code BTSPER7

Whichever is cheaper!

Last edited by Need; Aug 22, 2013 at 1:31 pm
Old Aug 23, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
The two lobe (C7) and three lobe (C5 or Mickey Mouse) power cords are International Standards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320

FYI: For international travel, just buy the country-specific to C5 or C7 cord. PowerFig sells a nice selection on Amazon - different country ends and cord lengths.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
If you find yourself in an Asian city, you can get any type of power cord in the world super cheap. I think I paid about $.25 for a Thinkpad cord with a UK plug once at the Electronic city in Mong Kok, Hong Kong. Ditto for shops in Bangkok, Akihabara, Tokyo, etc.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BStrauss3
FYI: For international travel, just buy the country-specific to C5 or C7 cord. PowerFig sells a nice selection on Amazon - different country ends and cord lengths.
I've been looking for something like this. Naturally, it seems like they don't make a C7 cord with Schuko plug. Then again, nothing wrong with carrying simple Schuko adapter, which I have lots of.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
I've been looking for something like this. Naturally, it seems like they don't make a C7 cord with Schuko plug. Then again, nothing wrong with carrying simple Schuko adapter, which I have lots of.
I have this: Plug Adapter IEC 60320 C6 Plug to IEC 60320 C7 Connector Block Adapter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JCNS1M) which allows me to meld my two prong retractable cord into my 3 prong computer power supply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.