unlimited data / what's the catch?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2013, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus

If I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan with Verizon for my iPhone, does that include international use as well? I can't imagine it does. I'm thinking of going the sim route (buying one in the UK upon arrival) after having the phone unlocked by Verizon, or just using hotel and cafe wifi and Skype, but am not sure what I will need to do. I want to make very few phone calls, do not expect to receive many, and will use data for maps and light Internet use.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by lindaiah
If I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan with Verizon for my iPhone, does that include international use as well?
No.
Originally Posted by lindaiah
I'm thinking of going the sim route (buying one in the UK upon arrival).
Depending on when you're leaving, you might consider having a giffgaff SIM delivered to Houston at no charge. These shipments are made by individuals who want the £5 referral credit. I used this guy and it worked out well.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or just pop in to any Carphone Warehouse, Boots Pharmacy, or phone shop anywhere in the UK and buy a SIM. They speak English there.

You can also buy SIMs in vending machines in Heathrow. Check out the UK SIM thread for more info.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:24 pm

Programs: One or two :)
I happen to live in Houston and also have a spare extra giffgaff card, message for more details if interested

It's what I used earlier this month on my last visit back "home", worked out very well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.