Reload this Page >

HTC One 64GB unlocked in the USA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HTC One 64GB unlocked in the USA

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2013, 3:26 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Just to make sure we are on the same page:

This is the HTC One (black w/64G) you want, right?

http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one/#overview

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Thanks !!! ^
You are very welcome!

I am in endless loop of (redirecting) service calls this afternoon. So far I have been given 3 numbers for HTC's Customer Care in Taipei, Canada & the U.S but no sight/sign of answers to our (marketing) questions. Sigh! All I can say is HTC is really not on top of their game.

Some supervisor is supposed to call me back later. We'll see how it goes.

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Let me know next time you are in EZE.... a bottle of Malbec is on me...
Hm hm, Malbec, we are so on! Will definitely let you know if I am coming your way in EZE!
Old May 27, 2013, 3:50 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by lin821
Just to make sure we are on the same page:

This is the HTC One (black w/64G) you want, right?

http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one/#overview
Yes, please note Im looking for the Factory Unlocked version as I dont reside in the USA so a US carrier contract locked phone is of no use to me.

Thanks very much for all you're doing !!! ^
Old May 27, 2013, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am in endless loop of (redirecting) service calls this afternoon. So far I have been given 3 numbers for HTC's Customer Care in...the U.S but no sight/sign of answers to our (marketing) questions. Sigh! All I can say is HTC is really not on top of their game.:

You're surprised that HTC's U.S. service center isn't answering their phones over Memorial Day weekend?
Old May 27, 2013, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by anrkitec

You're surprised that HTC's U.S. service center isn't answering their phones over Memorial Day weekend?
You didn't read my previous posts closely. I was given different numbers, one being U.S. service center. Why would I even call HTC U.S. numbers?

... I did try to contact HTC 800# here in Taiwan last week on your behalf. Such a frustrating process!...
I am calling HTC in Taiwan, home base for both of us, thinking the HQ would know better. So far, it doesn't seem to be. I am waiting for another callback from a manager, hoping for some better answers.

Last edited by lin821; May 27, 2013 at 8:26 pm Reason: adding one quote
Old May 29, 2013, 1:27 pm

Some supervisor is supposed to call me back later. We'll see how it goes.
Update:

I did receive a call back from a HTC manager. She apologized for my unanswered email and would look into it. I was able to squeeze some answers from her:

1). Due to regional marketing strategies and trade secrets, CSRs generally can't comment and/or provide info that hasn't been released to the press. Taiwan CSRs don't know much about the time table for certain models in other markets. HTC regional offices should be the best source to obtain such info.

2). The new HTC One 64G model isn't even available in Taiwan. There aren't that many HTC One 64G in the global market yet.

3). One may see the 64G phones hit the U.S. market sometime in late Q3 or Q4. It will only be some bundled packages/contracts with certain service providers. One may have to go through the unofficial channel to get the unlocked version.

Gaucho100K, sorry I wasn't able to get any definite answer. Those CSRs had been trained to give the most conservative replies. I can't blame them, knowing those never ending lawsuits with Apple, Nokia & Samsung.
Old May 30, 2013, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Update:

I did receive a call back from a HTC manager. She apologized for my unanswered email and would look into it. I was able to squeeze some answers from her:

1). Due to regional marketing strategies and trade secrets, CSRs generally can't comment and/or provide info that hasn't been released to the press. Taiwan CSRs don't know much about the time table for certain models in other markets. HTC regional offices should be the best source to obtain such info.

2). The new HTC One 64G model isn't even available in Taiwan. There aren't that many HTC One 64G in the global market yet.

3). One may see the 64G phones hit the U.S. market sometime in late Q3 or Q4. It will only be some bundled packages/contracts with certain service providers. One may have to go through the unofficial channel to get the unlocked version.

Gaucho100K, sorry I wasn't able to get any definite answer. Those CSRs had been trained to give the most conservative replies. I can't blame them, knowing those never ending lawsuits with Apple, Nokia & Samsung.
Hello Lin821-- thank you kindly for all your follow-up. Amazing indeed !!! ^ ^ I guess I will have to wait until sometime closer to Xmas, I will use a backup device for my 2nd cellphone line until then.... maybe if I cant bear it anylonger I may just buy the M7 32GB version which is available on Amazon for approx. $800.... I need to decide what I want to do.

Please let me know if you are ever in EZE... some bottles of Malbec are in order for your excellent research ^
Old May 31, 2013, 5:24 pm

I don't know if you've heard it already - Google announced yesterday that a stock android version will be available in Google's US play store starting June 26 for $599.

The version will be for GSM networks and comes with Jelly Bean 4.2.2 instead of HTC's 4.1. However, only 32GB and not sure if they'll offer both colors.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Bump......

Still seems to be hard to get a HTC One unlocked in black finish with 64GB RAM.....
Old Jul 10, 2013, 6:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Unlocked? You can find those on Crackberry or Android forums.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Bump..... wonder if the availability of these has gotten any better in the US Market. If anybody has an update, please post. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.