[consolidated] Noise Canceling Headphones

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[consolidated] Noise Canceling Headphones

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo

So, my question to the experts here, the ones that have used Bose NC, is have you found an over the ear alternative cheaper than Bose that works as well as Bose in the areas of noise cancelling and acoustic quality? (I'll assume other variables like size and comfort and convenience of use, etc., are equal enough that for me I can decide based on the two most important variables of noise cancelling and acoustic quality).

Thanks!

Not cheaper, but the Limited Edition Brown & Slate QC15's sound way better than the Black ones.

BJ
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by canyonleo
For trade in purchase, no receipt needed, doesn't matter where you made the purchase (mine was purchased years ago on eBay and was slightly used even).
Thanks for your advice, I called the distributor for Bose in Singapore and apparently they only accept trade-ins for headphones that were purchases from them.

The trade-in price is S$240 and a brand new set they are selling is S$520.

Way too overpriced for my liking.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by tycosiao
Thanks for your advice, I called the distributor for Bose in Singapore and apparently they only accept trade-ins for headphones that were purchases from them.

They require a receipt? If not, how can they question from whom you purchased them, many years later? I don't think it's corporate policy to require a receipt - one wasn't required of me.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tycosiao

Next time you are in the USA just trade them there?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Just for my Bose QC 20i (iPhone Version) for use with my NON -iPhone Blackberry Z30. Yes NON apple QC20i.

For all those on the fence, it works! All features on the remote works!!! Everything. Best part is I can also use it on my apple products.

SO... lesson learned here is... TRY the apple version QC 20i first. Bose will tell you it 'may not' work all the time and into the future but I highly doubt that. Why pay the same price for a QC20 and not have volume control?

Oh when I mean it all works, I also mean activation on voice control and song skipping works too.

I am overjoyed.

The Bose QC20i was purchased to complement my Bose QC3 which I also love. The reason why I got the smaller in-ear QC20i is due to my current commute and I wanted to remain more conspicuous on the subways. Didn't want any undue attention.

Either way, both are great great units. I am not a audio purist so those that are, please note I am by far not an expert in high end headset sounds. This is merely my personal observation.

Noise cancellation is excellent and definitely not worse than the QC3.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by FastSRT8
Just for my Bose QC 20i (iPhone Version) for use with my NON -iPhone Blackberry Z30. Yes NON apple QC20i.

For all those on the fence, it works! All features on the remote works!!! Everything. Best part is I can also use it on my apple products.

SO... lesson learned here is... TRY the apple version QC 20i first. Bose will tell you it 'may not' work all the time and into the future but I highly doubt that. Why pay the same price for a QC20 and not have volume control?

Oh when I mean it all works, I also mean activation on voice control and song skipping works too.

I am overjoyed.

The Bose QC20i was purchased to complement my Bose QC3 which I also love. The reason why I got the smaller in-ear QC20i is due to my current commute and I wanted to remain more conspicuous on the subways. Didn't want any undue attention.

Either way, both are great great units. I am not a audio purist so those that are, please note I am by far not an expert in high end headset sounds. This is merely my personal observation.

Noise cancellation is excellent and definitely not worse than the QC3.
Is the skytrain really that sketchy? I felt a little nervous about using my qc3's on the MTA in new york but in Toronto on the TTC I'm full out using my mac and haven't had any problems ever.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by eeeaddict
Is the skytrain really that sketchy? I felt a little nervous about using my qc3's on the MTA in new york but in Toronto on the TTC I'm full out using my mac and haven't had any problems ever.
I can't picture anyone using a mac on TTC during rush hour.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:51 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by eeeaddict
Depends on the time of day. I've had to get on the train at New West (both Columbia and New West Station) late at night and yes... you need to have your guard up.

That's my opinion and observation. Some may say it's OK but I beg to differ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.