World's best destination for WiFi

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2013, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
World's best destination for WiFi

I've been all over the wold, but never to a city like Kiev when it comes to WiFi. Everywhere I went this week there was free WiFi. And it wasn't just that it was free in terms of money, it was free of gateways too! No slow difficult gateways at all. Either the AP's were wide open, or they had a WPA key, but once you were on, it was raw open Internet and good speeds everywhere.

Starting at the Intercontinental which has free wifi for all once you enter a simple WPA2 key, to every cafe and restaurant I visited. And even all the offices I visited each day, the WiFi was free and open and fast. I didn't encounter a single gateway all week. I asked a colleague and he said that restaurants and cafes in Kiev know they that have to offer good WiFi if they want customers. ^

Anyone know of a better WiFi city?
Old Aug 11, 2013, 5:23 am

Actually I'm in Nova Scotia at the moment and have been struck by the fact that EVERY shop, music venue and restaurant has free wi-fi with no gateways.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Nova Scotia -- where? Halifax?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:53 pm

Really it is very amazing city. Kiev is only city where an internet connection will be very fast without any interruption.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.