Wiki Posts
Search

Portable XM/Sirius radio in Germany

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
You could use an Android or iPhone Trip SIM. You could also use a local prepaid. If you have an iPod, why not just equip with your jams, download some Podcasts to mix it up, and build some playlists.
I have playlists on my ipods and on my XM radio. I just like hearing the XM stations too. Obviously, this won't be the case.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Wow good thing I found this searching Google!!!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
If it's just music you're after, I get much more music I like in sequential order through Pandora than SiriusXM... being able to skip ahead is nice too.

If you'll have a data plan with a reasonable amount of data, I'd just go this route. Same for news through NPR or the like. As others have mentioned, SiriusXM Internet Radio is an option if you must have those channels... you can even get a month trial for free, if you're just looking for coverage on one trip.

I will say that, specifically in Germany/Netherlands, local radio is intolerable. It's nearly all electronic/dance with a bit of top-40 thrown in. Outside of this, there's very little available. a ~3 hours drive from Oelde through Duesburg and up to AMS was teeth gritting to the point that I finally just turned it all off, rolled down the window, and smoked a cigar (at the risk of a rental car cleaning fee) to pass the time. My job at the time had me saddled with a company Blackberry and strict data use monitoring, so streaming wasn't an option... I planned better for trips like that afterwards (local SIM in my personal phone).
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's close this old thread. Feel free to start a new one if you'd like to discuss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.