Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International SIM cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2010, 6:49 am
Original Poster

International SIM cards

has anyone used an international sim card in france from this company uwtmobile.com?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:52 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Jim Thomas, welcome to FlyerTalk. I'll move this to our Travel Technology forum for discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Welcome to Flyertalk. I have not used them. I was a happy United Mobile Plus user (United Mobile before that) but they crashed and burned it would seem. I took advantage of the offer from Onesimcard.com to trade my United Mobile Plus card in on one of their cards plus some credit. I am leaving next week for China and Italy and will be in Spain later in the month and Mexico and Spain again next month so I will be able to test it out.

The one concern I have is that it is an Estonian number so that is pricey to call from the US on a standard line. Using Skype though it is cheaper than roaming rates in Italy, however, and the incoming are free from on the SIM. So I will try forwarding my ATT line to Skype and sending the Skype forward to my Estonian number and see how that works. It worked great with United Mobile Plus, which was billed by Skype as a call to a UK Mobile which wasnt that much cheaper than the Estonian call.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
I used one from Orange when I was only travelling to France. Now I use a Telestial Passport Plus. It can be used in any country and it's about 29 cents per minute to call the U.S. from France. I too used United Mobile and was very happy with them until they pulled the plug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.