Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

No DL IPhone App so what do DL people use for travel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald

Since there is no DL IPhone app that I have been able to find, what do DL people use for travel? I know USA Today has a travel app but I am not too happy with it. I have Kayak to check prices and routes too but not found a good one for updates, etc.
DL.mobile..nahhh...enough said.

DL sends me NO updates even though I have all contact info updated, etc!

Just wondering!
Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:34 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread in the Travel Technology Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
I guess I am confused. What do you mean by "What do Delta people use for travel"?

I mean I am connected to my phone 24/7, but I use the Droid (Verizon) and have no problem checking status updates on flights at the mobile delta site.

If you are referring to price checking, I couldn't even imagine a scenario where I couldn't sit down and open up my laptop or make a quick phone call to DL Res.

zz
Old Mar 6, 2010, 5:31 am

wot, no web?

I thought one of the wonderful thing about the iPhone was its browser.

is there a reason why don't you simply use the browser to access the web site?

/dnastudios
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
There's a special web site for mobile phones: mobile.delta.com
Presumably works on Android and Blackberry as well as iPhone web browsers. With a good mobile web site, the need for a iPhone App is reduced...
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
The Delta mobile site works great on the iPhone.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL NWA UA
I'm with you; the iphone app stinks. It's just a glorified safari browser page. Try to do anything serious and it points you to the website. For non-iPhoners, a good app on the iPhone allows you to do everything that the normal website does, without having to maximize and page around like you'd have to do if you loaded the website thru safari/your browser.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FL2009
I'm with you; the iphone app stinks. It's just a glorified safari browser page. Try to do anything serious and it points you to the website. For non-iPhoners, a good app on the iPhone allows you to do everything that the normal website does, without having to maximize and page around like you'd have to do if you loaded the website thru safari/your browser.
A good website does all this too - and this is certainly the future on these types of devices, rather than proprietary apps. Check out GMail, Google Voice or several of the other Google HTML5 sites on the iPhone for example.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
Both the mobile and regular Delta site look fine on the iPhone (some pages work better in the full version or simply don't exist).
Old Mar 13, 2010, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald
Found my answer in a recent WSJ article:

http://blogs.wsj.com/middleseat/2009...e/tab/article/

dl.mobile.. ahh nahhh just a browser operated deal I don't care for.

Southwest has a great IPhone app and they have seen a big jump in traffic from it.
But then again I hope DL is spending the needed IT time and $ on their joke of an award booking chart, page, etc.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 4:20 am

mobile.delta.com

I use this website on my crackberry (by default I have turned off in my browser settings: graphics, frames, java, etc. so its fast).

Seems to work real well for my needs.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:59 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Originally Posted by gatechange
Since there is no DL IPhone app that I have been able to find, what do DL people use for travel?
What a great example of an iPhone user. The world just has to revolve around them, right? But what if it doesn't? Does not compute!
Old Mar 16, 2010, 2:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Indian Railways Wallah Program
Originally Posted by Jazzop
What a great example of an iPhone user. The world just has to revolve around them, right? But what if it doesn't? Does not compute!
Give us iPhone users a break. Safari sucks as a browser so we need an app to be able to use things

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.