Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If You Could Choose Your Fellow Passengers...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Location: Northern California, in the redwoods, on the ocean.
If You Could Choose Your Fellow Passengers...

Rob Long, writing in the current issue of National Review, makes this observation in his article, "The Glove Will Not Save You":

"We all know who will save us from the terrorists, and it isn't the guys in the uniforms. It's one another. Every furious, cranky, stressed-out passenger on the plane. We're one another's first--and last--line of defense. And I don't know about you, but that honestly makes me feel safer. A lot safer."

So with that in mind, if you could choose your fellow passengers, whom would you want on the same flight with you?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Chuck Norris.

Originally Posted by WindOfFreedom
So with that in mind, if you could choose your fellow passengers, whom would you want on the same flight with you?
--Jon

Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Rob Long, writing in the current issue of National Review, makes this observation in his article, "The Glove Will Not Save You":

"We all know who will save us from the terrorists, and it isn't the guys in the uniforms. It's one another. Every furious, cranky, stressed-out passenger on the plane. We're one another's first--and last--line of defense. And I don't know about you, but that honestly makes me feel safer. A lot safer."

Joan Rivers
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:29 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Not I.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:30 pm

Rob Long, writing in the current issue of National ReviewSo with that in mind, if you could choose your fellow passengers, whom would you want on the same flight with you?
A no-nonsense nun who runs a hospital system, a Coptic priest (with the curly-toed leather slippers), a minyan, war veterans, Sikh businessperson, triathletes, beach volleyball players, Harlem Globetrotters, and MacGyver!
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:30 pm

No-one. Then I get all the overhead bins to myself, a free upgrade to F, plenty of room to stretch my legs, and a personal attendant to care for any other needs I might have.

Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: Skywards, Velocity Rewards
Someone who would get on, go straight to sleep and stay asleep for the entire flight (preferably without snoring)
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Affection
Chuck Norris.
Hijackers squawk 7500 when Chuck Norris is on board.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:32 pm

Jack Bauer.

RollerGirl
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA, WN RR
Chuck Norris, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Samuel L. Jackson, Wesley Snipes, and Billy Idol.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Damn, RollerGirl stole my pax!

I also want Jack Bauer.. Or, just give me a glock to watch over the cabin
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:57 pm

I'll take the flight full of WWII vets and women with PMS, thanks.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA fallen Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, Hertz #1 Gold
SEAL team 5
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:23 pm

Programs: WN A-list, TSA-D Silver
A hundred thirty-six other mes.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:50 pm

Maggie Q. Preferably in the seat next to mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.