Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Headline: TSA Worker Jailed After Junk Joke (yup - scanner related)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 11:04 am
Original Poster

It was bound to happen.

Too invasive for the TSA, but OK for PAX, eh?

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-b...-92971929.html

Suspicious Package: TSA Worker Jailed After Junk Joke

MIA worker assaults colleague who made crack at genitalia after walk through machine

Perhaps the new airport body scanners are a bit too revealing.

A TSA worker in Miami was arrested for assault after police say he attacked a colleague who'd made fun of his small genitalia after he walked through one of the new high-tech security scanners during a recent training session.

Rolando Negrin, 44, was busted for assault after things got ugly at Miami International Airport between Negrin and some of his fellow Transportation Security Administration workers.

Sources say Negrin stepped into the machine during the training session and became embarrassed and angry when a supervisor started cracking jokes about his manhood, made visible by the new machine.

A fight broke out, and Negrin went after one of the other TSA workers.

Negrin was arrested and booked into Miami-Dade County Jail. His arrest photo (above) shows him wearing his blue TSA shirt at the time of the arrest.
The attack may be the first piece of proof that the new scanners may be leaving too little to the imagination.

The $170,000 machines, which were introduced last year, took some heat from fliers who weren't quite ready to show their bod to government employees.

But if this latest incident is any indication, the scanners sound like good news for anti-terrorism and bad news for less-than-average men.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
He went swimming before the session! It was cold in there!
Old May 6, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OWE)
Given the story, I'm afraid to click on the link to the 'tinypic'!

Old May 6, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
one down many thousends to go.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:21 am

He is my new hero.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OWE)
... when a supervisor started cracking jokes about his manhood, made visible by the new machine...
Says a lot about just how 'professional' the organisation is...
Old May 6, 2010, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WillR
Given the story, I'm afraid to click on the link to the 'tinypic'!
It's work safe.

The forum software wouldn't allow a direct link to his mugshot in the article.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: *wood Gold
Leave it to TSA to bring out the "slight" faults in their employees!

I think it would only be appropriate to make Rolando the 'poster boy' for the anti-WBI campaign, should us FT'ers ever want to create literature and leave them lying around airports and in planes. Rolando's alleged smallness may just make him a huge celebrity!
Old May 6, 2010, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by clrankin
Leave it to TSA to bring out the "slight" faults in their employees!

I think it would only be appropriate to make Rolando the 'poster boy' for the anti-WBI campaign, should us FT'ers ever want to create literature and leave them lying around airports and in planes. Rolando's alleged smallness may just make him a huge celebrity!
Since you have his name and picture why not just look him up next time you're in Miami and comment on the issue face to face?
Old May 6, 2010, 11:45 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
A TSA worker in Miami was arrested for assault after police say he attacked a colleague who'd made fun of his small genitalia after he walked through one of the new high-tech security scanners during a recent training session.
tho i disagree with how he handled it, good on "needle d!ck" for taking offense to the clarity of the photo(s). Now maybe some of the kettles will realize that they too can be "seen" and start complaining

Originally Posted by skofarrell
He went swimming before the session! It was cold in there!
shrinkage
Old May 6, 2010, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
You just can't make stuff like this up!
Old May 6, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: *wood Gold
Originally Posted by MrClean
Since you have his name and picture why not just look him up next time you're in Miami and comment on the issue face to face?
Rolando Negrin: TSA's big Bad Apple with a Little Worm!
Old May 6, 2010, 11:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
It's important that more individuals within the TSA act to undermine and/or sabotage the WBI's.

BTW, that look on Mr. Negrin's face in the OP... priceless. That's typically what TSO's, LE's, American military personnel, and some fellow FT members look like after I've had my say

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; May 6, 2010 at 12:58 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old May 6, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
<grabs a adult beverage, jumbo popcorn, and chair> This should be interesting. TSA spin machine in 3...... 2....... 1........

Originally Posted by clrankin
Rolando Negrin: TSA's big Bad Apple with a Little Worm!

Not to rip off a bob the fish T-shirt - left colum 2/3 down the page.

Its not the size of your bait! Its how you wiggle your worm!

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; May 6, 2010 at 12:58 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old May 6, 2010, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
BTW, that look on Mr. Negrin's face in the OP... priceless. That's typically what TSO's, LE's, American military personnel, and some fellow FT members look like after I've had my say
I'm trying to picture you giving a Marine a good verbal thrashing ... leaving him sad and teary eyed. c'mon ... come up with something believable.

roflmao

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.