Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Any experience with the Eagle Creek Global Commuter?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member

I think I am looking for another briefcase. I got a Red Oxx Metro which I like a lot. If I am traveling with my Skytrain it can fit inside the Skytrain or I can carry the Skytrain on my back and the Metro on my shoulder. It is great for my computer, kippie bag, miscellaneous electronics, meds, travel folder, work papers, etc. But with that it is very tight with a change of clothes added. It works but barely.

So on longer trips when I travel with a rolling bag, typically an 18 inch BR roller I am considering getting a slightly larger bag. I have a B&R BB104x which is a bit too big and heavy. Im looking for something that meets the following criteria:

1) takes everything that I mentioned above for the Red Oxx Metro, PLUS a change of clothes (pants, shirt, underwear and socks) in an Eagle Creek folder). The purpose of this is that if something goes wrong, late connect or something and I have to check the roller I will have a change of clothes with me.

2) Will meet international carry on restrictions

3) Will fit underseats on airlines even in coach (in case it is really bad )

4) will fit in overheads on AA and UA RJs (especially AA). The BB104x is borderline here in my experience although it will usually go under the seat

5) Nice organizational features a plus as long as they dont interfere with the real work at hand.

6) Checkpoint friendly for the notebook so I dont have to take it out is a plus, not a requirement.

How does the will the Global Comnuter work for this? Can someone compare to the Globak and the Tom Bihn Checkpoint Flyer? Any other suggestions? Thanks for sharing any experience or comments.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:04 pm

The GC will meet all of your needs, but it only holds a 15" folder. If you can fit your change of clothes in there, then you'll be OK. Very well organized, has a trolley slip on the back if you want to put it over the handle on your roller and it is checkpoint friendly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.