How to pack neckties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to pack neckties

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2008, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I only wear them when I'm on the road in meetings - never in the office though...
Old Jun 5, 2008, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Smile

Originally Posted by ubercool
You still wear neckties?
H wears neckties and even has monogrammed shirts. As a neurologist, he often has to give people bad news.

People seem to appreciate the seriousness conveyed by dressing "properly" rather than casually. Who would want to hear "Grandma will not be improving -- she's going to get worse, probably quickly" from someone in a wrinkled polo?

I tried to buy some of those brown leather rolls from an outside seller on Amazon and my credit card company refused to authorize it even though I was using the same Amazon check out procedure I use several times/week.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 9:08 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Necktie trade group actually disbanded yesterday due to the dropoff in necktie companies left in the country.

I saw a stat that only 6% of the male workforce still wears ties to work on a regular basis. I still have to each day due to working a financial services company
Old Jun 5, 2008, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by ubercool
You still wear neckties?
According to yesterday's Wall St. Journal, only 6% of American men wear a tie to work every day, down from 10% several years ago. Also, the neckwear trade association is closing down. I was stunned to learn that there was such an organization. Evidently at one of their last annual membership meetings, several participants showed up not wearing ties! I think that explains a lot.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I actually like wearing ties.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 12:11 pm

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I actually like wearing ties.
Me too - most of mine are handpainted silk and really brighten the place up.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 12:13 pm

Programs: DLPM MM
I find the less wrinkled flesh I expose to the rest of the world the better, so even that little V at the open neck shirt is best kept from view and polo necks are so sixties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.