Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what's a good blow up travel pillow?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2008, 2:06 pm
SNP

Programs: UA 1K
I used the High Road Hedbed last time and like it quite a bit. It's smaller than the traditional shaped ones but still provide good support. You can inflate more for side lean or less for even. The extra bonus is since it's not as "in your face" as others, I can comfortablely wear my big noise cancelling cans while using it.
http://www.ebags.com/high_road/hedbe...?modelid=86540
Old Mar 7, 2008, 3:32 pm

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
The one im thinking of can double as a pocket....... think hard on this I promise.. i dont have a sick mind

Originally Posted by liska67
Hi guys, great site by the way. Ok--what's a good, comfy pillow to take when flying? I bought a very pricey Samsonite but you know what? it looks too small. What brand do you swear by? (I'm in Australia so some US brands may not be available here)

Cheers, L
Old Mar 21, 2008, 6:08 pm
sac

Another Brookstone vote

I have the Brookstone one with the very soft cover and like it very much. My only real gripe with it is that you have to buy it with the earplugs and eyecover and I've never had a use for them.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I have the brookstone, except it's the one with the same microbeads used on the Nap pillows. I suspect it's been discontinued in favor of an inflatable pillow.

I do love it because it's able to conform quickly as you move your head. It does take up space and I'll only take it with me on long trips where I know I need it to sleep.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 8:33 pm

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Sorry, have to do this.

Isn't "good blow up travel pillow" an oxymoron?

I have yet to find one that works so have given up.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 11:48 pm

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
Another fan of the Eagle Creek pillow. It also has the large spot to inflate so it only takes about 3 breaths. I like the ones with the fuzzy covers.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond // Marriott LT Titanium
samsonite

also, take a look at this one:

Samsonite Double Comfort Travel Pillow with Pouch
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pr_product_top

the nice thing about this one vs some other ones, is that you do not have to hold that plastic thingy while you are blowing air in it. The ones from target or walmart, you need to hold th plastic thingy while blowing air in it. So basically you got your dirty fingers touching your lips!

lastly, these are not meant to be blown all the way.. just blow it up a little and put lay it behind your head and not your neck! much more comfortable.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 2:02 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, WN
Can the Komfort Kollar be purchased locally anywhere or just online?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Squalor Gold, Rent-a-wreck Admiral Club
Originally Posted by primusux
Can the Komfort Kollar be purchased locally anywhere or just online?
I have only seen it online.

Count me in as another Komfort Kollar Konvert. If you really want some lengthy sleep (relatively speaking), and you are in coach, than this is the best I have used.

Don't try chatting up your attractive seatmate while using this though, even Orlando Bloom wouldn't look cool in this. Okay, maybe he would, but you won't.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 3:58 pm

Programs: CO Silver, DL
Originally Posted by Emma65
Sorry, have to do this.

I have the Magellan Comfort Travel Pillow and think it's great. It expands with 2-3 puffs, there's a valve that is relatively easy to control to let more air out to make it as comfortable as possible. The cover is soft and washable and it folds up quite small by folding it in 3 and then into the little pocket on the outside.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fools!

"Blow up" + TSA---think that's a good idea???
Old Oct 21, 2008, 10:49 am

Programs: just above cargo
Originally Posted by Emma65
Sorry, have to do this.
Me too. At the risk of inviting derisive laughter...has anyone tried using a foam neck brace, as given to people with spinal problems etc? My problem has always been*** that pillows don't keep my head upright enough and my neck straight enough.

***well, when it comes to sleeping on planes, that is. My other problems are too numerous to mention!
Old Oct 21, 2008, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
I understand that a blow up pillow is easier to pack, but I've never been a fan. The Bucky pillow has always been my favorite, due to the ability to "mold" it in just the right way to fit my head.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by secretbunnyboy
Me too. At the risk of inviting derisive laughter...has anyone tried using a foam neck brace, as given to people with spinal problems etc? My problem has always been*** that pillows don't keep my head upright enough and my neck straight enough.

***well, when it comes to sleeping on planes, that is. My other problems are too numerous to mention!
The Komfort Kollar mentioned earlier in this thread is basically the same thing. They offer a blow up version and a memory foam version - such as the neck brace you mentioned. http://www.magellans.com/store/In_Fl...etsIF809?Args=

I used the blow up version on a 14 hour flight recently and it was definitely the best I've used for avoiding a stiff neck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.