Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Tumi Harrison Seneca Brief - durability?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:21 am
Original Poster

DELETED

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 7:12 am
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:24 am

Full disclosure -- I don't have a Tumi leather briefcase and have probably not seen this one in person, but I've seen many Tumi leather briefcases -- including one owned by a colleague (Alpha leather).

They dont seem seem very durable; his seemed to wear quickly. Hopefully someone with direct experience can chime in, but at the very least their other suitcases suggest it's a worthy question to ask.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
The one thing they don't do is describe what kind of leather they use, beyond calling it "premium." Full grain, top grain, something else?

I've seen many people tout leather products from Filson, Frye, and SF Bags and all seem very high quality full grain leather. I can't speak to their bags, but my wife's FRYE boots are REALLY nice...
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:13 am
Original Poster

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 7:10 am
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
SF Bags - Cargo. Had mine 2 years. LOVE it. It's very heavy duty nylon except for the main flap. I was looking for an all-leather bag, but came to realize nylon is just so much more "workable" for features. So this is a great compromise.

Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:13 am

After 9 months waiting for them to come back in stock I've recently received my Linjer soft briefcase

https://www.linjer.co/collections/me...cognac#details

Better quality than the big brands at the same price point and with high quality full grain vegetable tanned leather will age with style and grace.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by IMOA
After 9 months waiting for them to come back in stock I've recently received my Linjer soft briefcase

https://www.linjer.co/collections/me...cognac#details

Better quality than the big brands at the same price point and with high quality full grain vegetable tanned leather will age with style and grace.
very nice. I think this is the brand that launched a few years ago with great fan fare. Timeless style.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.