Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Largest Carry-on Tactical Laptop Backpack

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
How is it pronounced? Moll or Molly (or Mole)?

No offences to all you backpackers, but I hate people with rucksacks on planes or any other form of public transport.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
No offences to all you backpackers, but I hate people with rucksacks on planes or any other form of public transport.
Why?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Because they have the tendency to whack people in the face when they turn and generally take up more space standing than they need to.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:24 pm

Because they have the tendency to whack people in the face when they turn and generally take up more space standing than they need to.
OK, I see your point. However, backpacks are certainly preferable to shoulder bags when going from point A to point B (I don't use wheeled cases) and are less likely to whack people when walking down the aisle of a plane than, say, a shoulder bag. Also, the backpacks that I use (Goruck, Tom Bihn, Red Oxx) are not hiking/backpacking packs with heavy shoulder harnesses, hip belts, and straps hanging all over the place, but are sleek, functional bags which do not take up a great deal of space.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:35 pm

I feel the same about those with wheeled luggage especially when they are pulling their bag with a briefcase attached and texting because they block about 6 of space and walk at a snails pace.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by sanuliarem
Hello,
Here are some criteria:

-Can be put under an airplane seat in economy

-Great weight distribution

-Easy access to a 15" MacBook pro and a Microsoft Surface 3 (non-Pro model), both of which will be in their own respective cases within the backpack

-At least as much capacity or close to the 40L size I have now

-Water resistant (can walk around in heavy rain without the contents getting wet)

-Good warranty (preferably lifetime, but I am flexible about this)

-Some tactical molle is strongly preferred

-Support for external access to two 40oz Klean Kanteens (or a similar capacity bottle) - I like the elastic mesh water bottle holders that I currently have, but smaller bottles will fall out easily since they have been stretched. It it is a tactical bag without built in water bottle holders, but molle that will support attaching water bottle holders, this is ok too.

-If there are waist straps present, the option to remove them
With the exception of MOLLE, if I may:

http://www.alphaoneniner.com/shop/re...evade-backpack
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:01 am

How is it pronounced? Moll or Molly (or Mole)?
Molly

Molle, Magpul, and Multicam are the 3 M's of looking tacticool
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
On the London tube, I definitely get it...people should put the bag on the floor to allow for more people to be sardined in. On a plane it is a non-issue due to the single-file nature of the aisle. More importantly, the backpack takes MUCH less space in the overhead than the morons who store their oversized roller bags sideways.

What I love about the goruck line of products is how tightly the bags fit to your back without turning you into a turtle. This greatly reduces the odds of whacking people, even amongst the most uncoordinated.

Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your advice! I finally ordered the GR2 yesterday and look forward to trying it out.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 12:19 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Yeah, 3 years old.

Some 5.11 Rush backpacks 50% off. 48 hour sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.