Wiki Posts
Search

AllBirds Wool Shoes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
AllBirds Wool Shoes

I've been reading and hearing a lot about AllBirds lately, and just bit the bullet and ordered a pair of their (women's) wool runners. I'm hoping they'll be comfortable enough for days of touring in Europe, light-weight in my bag, and much more subdued than my pink/purple running shoes. Has anyone tried these?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
I bought a pair of the Men's wool runners. I tried them on around the house, but have not worn them for trips yet. They seem super comfortable
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:44 pm

I'm quite curious about them too...please report back once you've road tested them!
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat
I've had a pair for 3 or 4 months now, and wear them intermittently. They're super comfortable and good for walking, but it seems that the area in front of my big toe is starting to wear a little thin. I think that a hole in the toe is probably another 6 months away, which I am not thrilled about. Maybe the answer is to wear socks, but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of Allbirds shoes. I've never thrown them in the washer, but I guess that's another selling point. YMMV.

ETA- they also soak up water like crazy (as you might expect). I try not to wear mine in the rain.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Brought my wife a pair 6 months ago at a pop up store and she loves them.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: MileagePlus and a bunch of hotel programs
I own three pairs of them (2 are lace up and one is the new slip on style) -- my family members also each have a pair. I really like them. They're extremely lightweight and comfortable, even without socks. As they are fabric (wool), they aren't at all waterproof or water resistant. I generally take them as my second pair of shoes on trips when I know I'll be doing a lot of walking (my first pair being something a little more rugged and water resistant, like a comfortable pair of ankle boots).
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I love them. They're the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. They're like giving your feet a hug.

I wouldn't suggest using them for running, nor prolonged use on uneven ground, but they're perfect for around the house, daily commute, errands, city touring, etc. I second the recommendation to wear something different if it's raining or if there are large puddles.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
I basically live in them. I travel with them. They breathe, you can wear them with socks or barefoot. They are super soft and super comfy.

They aren't for running or anything sports-related, as the wool siding doesn't give a ton of support and your foot may slide sideways in them if you try to pivot quickly. And they did take a couple of long walks to "break in" but since then, nothing but amazing. ^
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

I got them on Saturday and have been wearing them for two days. So far, I'm a big fan. Glad to hear they're holding up gosha83...I'm hoping to have them broken in before I leave for Europe in 2 weeks.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
At first I thought mine were too tight. But their advice is spot on - you want them
to start off slightly tight as the wool really does stretch out to fit your feet after a week or so. That's really the only "breaking in" mine needed.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
The reviews here sounded good so I ordered a pair of the "runners."

A question on rain/wet -- is it just that your feet will get wet (which I can handle) or that they are damaged by rain/puddles?

I don't mind getting my feet wet if there is an unexpected shower (which would happen if I wore sandals or "tennis" shoes) but if they fall apart if they get wet then not so good for travel.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

They say they can be washed in the washing machine, so I can't imagine puddles would ruin them.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by LizGross144
They say they can be washed in the washing machine, so I can't imagine puddles would ruin them.
Thanks, I missed that.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Heel blisters in the first week, on a day that my fitbit says I had only 8,000 steps. Will probably wear some socks for a few days to see if I can get past the "breaking in" period.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:07 am

Would love some feedback from people if the Wool Runners would actually be suitable for working out, running on the treadmill and that sort of thing. Wondering if they would be too hot, as well as what kind of support they give.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.