Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Western Flyer As A Business Case

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Western Flyer As A Business Case

I know that this bag lacks organization, but was wondering if any warriors use the WF as a business case? The dimensions seem appropriate. Sometimes I find that lack of structure to be beneficial in letting me configure the bag to comply with my needs for the specific trip......and it's a fraction of the cost of a Tumi.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by LiveOak
I know that this bag lacks organization, but was wondering if any warriors use the WF as a business case? The dimensions seem appropriate. Sometimes I find that lack of structure to be beneficial in letting me configure the bag to comply with my needs for the specific trip......and it's a fraction of the cost of a Tumi.
Seems like it'd be fine. I use a Red Oxx Mini Boss as my business case, but I'm a software engineer, so even when meeting clients, nobody pays that much attention to what you carry.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:08 pm

I usually it almost exclusively for work travel as I'm in a tech sales/customer facing role. It works great for 1-2 nights travel as the only bag I carry. All of my clothes go in as well as my laptop and gear. I don't workout while I'm traveling though that could be a sticking point for some folks. If you just want to use it as a briefcase/laptop bag, I personally find it a bit large for my needs but folks do use it that way. Either way, you'll need to add some organization options such as pouches and cubes in order to find anything easily.

I'd suggest the ballistic over halycon
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:32 pm
haa

Programs: No more status, free agent now
I have a dark blue Western Flyer and dark blue Red Oxx Air Boss for my non-wheeled bags. The Air Boss feels too large for "business bag/case" use, but the Western Flyer works just great in this role. The dark blue color does not stand out at all which helps with business use. In practise people do not notice anything about the bag in meetings.

I often use the Western Flyer for one-day or one-night trips when I don't need much more work hardware than the laptop. When traveling by bus or train nearby, the Western Flyer is also convenient (smaller than roller bag).

If the trip is longer or I need to carry more stuff, then I go for my roller bags. I have two different size "Sub-zero-G" 2-wheel bags which are these days called "IT luggage worlds lightest" range — mentioning them as they are approximately the same weight as the shoulder bags (!) at around 1.6kg/3lb, but with wheels and handles.

Having a lightweight bag is critical for me, flying mostly in Europe and sometimes LCC where they sometimes/often do check bag weights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.