Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Rimowa Sport MW 80 - Is it considered oversized?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:33 pm
GCL
Original Poster

Hi,

Can anyone share if they have been charged with oversized fees for this model? The linear measurements posted on the website is different from their product catalog so I'm really confused whether this would be an issue. Any experiences there? Thank you for your inputs.

Last edited by GCL; Mar 12, 2016 at 6:10 pm Reason: ..
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:15 pm

I am interested in this bag as well.

The Sport 80 is just a bit over the 158 cm that some airlines have as a limit. And this is not an international standard, companies can define their own limits.

The volume of the Sport is the same as the Topas 77 but the measurement for airlines is much higher. I also think that I can effectively pack more stuff inside because there will be less waste of space under the lid.

Does anyone have experience with the big Sport? And any problems with check in?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:31 am
GCL
Original Poster

Originally Posted by schorsch01
I am interested in this bag as well.

The Sport 80 is just a bit over the 158 cm that some airlines have as a limit. And this is not an international standard, companies can define their own limits.

The volume of the Sport is the same as the Topas 77 but the measurement for airlines is much higher. I also think that I can effectively pack more stuff inside because there will be less waste of space under the lid.

Does anyone have experience with the big Sport? And any problems with check in?
Hi,
I was able to use this model recently WITHOUT problems both for international and domestic travels.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:31 am

How happy are you with the Sport? It's very rarely I see them in a shop, so it seems to be a somehow special form factor and size. I am a lousy packer and - no idea why - at the end of my travel I seem to need at least 20% more space for my stuff. Thats why I thought the sport is better.

I am a bit worried whether its easy to put a suit in it. With the size factor I will have to fold the suit several times. Might end up pretty wrinkled.

Do you think there is really
Old May 1, 2016, 11:08 am

.. an advantage in packing the sport as of the normal shaped Rimowas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.